Thomas Hilton

Jul 2, 2017
My new Droidbox Model T8-S Plus V1.0 32GB SN 1620161100075 only blinks the power button orange and will do nothing. I have it connected to a Vizio TV with HDMI input, and have no video. What do I do next, Send it back. It was shipped to me from England by Droidbox.

Thomas Hilton

Jul 2, 2017
OK, I started to try the second method of flashing in new firmware, and low and behold, the minute I plugged in the USB cable in, the Droidbox powered on and asked me what Language I wanted to use. It will work when being powered from the USB cable, but not the Droidbox Power Supply. The power button is blue as long as the USB cable is plugged in.
AC adapter ANU-050300A. I measured the power supply output on the connect pin and have +5VDC on the center pin to the outer shell. This is the correct voltage according to the specs written on the power supply. So now that this has turned
into a power supply problem, what do I check next.
OK, I started to try the second method of flashing in new firmware, and low and behold, the minute I plugged in the USB cable in, the Droidbox powered on and asked me what Language I wanted to use. It will work when being powered from the USB cable, but not the Droidbox Power Supply. The power button is blue as long as the USB cable is plugged in.
AC adapter ANU-050300A. I measured the power supply output on the connect pin and have +5VDC on the center pin to the outer shell. This is the correct voltage according to the specs written on the power supply. So now that this has turned
into a power supply problem, what do I check next.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think before checking or installing different firmware you should contact droidbox support direct.

Reactions: sblabs

Thomas Hilton

Jul 2, 2017
I know this is a power problem, just don't know if it is the PSU or the Droidbox problem. (not planning on updating firmware)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok i read your reference to flashing recovery firmware. Droidbox contact details are at the bottom of the forum page in case they dont pick up this thread.

ilowe8

Jul 4, 2017
Hi, I hope you can help me.
I recently tried to install a newer firmware onto my M8S tv box to enable me to install the latest 17.3 Kodi.
I followed the instruction which where...download the latest firmware onto a SD memory card then insert in the tv box. Then remove the power and press the reset button in the AV slot and insert the power, it would then start to remove and install the latest firmware. I did all this and it was working correctly, it started to remove the firmware and i got to the point where it asked me to select the SD memory stick and it would then install. Little did i know that i could not move up and down the list to select the SD using the remote, i need and external keyboard or mouse attached, card therefor i had choice to switch off the TV box. Now when i try to install the new firmware following the above steps it does not work, all i get is a blank screen, i do not get any android logo, basically it remains blank. an anybody help me to install a firmware so i can get back up and running.
Kind regards in advance....Ian L

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Thomas Hilton please do drop us an email - [email protected] - if you haven't already. It sounds like you might have a faulty power supply there, if it is the original one from us then we'll get a replacement sorted out for you.

@ilowe8 Better to start a new thread. Let us know where the device came from, a link to the model's page and a link to the flashing instructions, we'll see if we can work out what is happening.