ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I don't remember it being promised that January would see a definite release - firmware testing can sometimes mean that a specific image isn't released generally, as instability issues or similar have been found.
Anyway, we'll publish details at https://DroidBOX.co.uk/blog regarding future updates.
Is there a specific feature of Marshmallow that you miss on your T8 Mini? There may be an app that covers the same area, to keep you going in the mean time.

nikinecek777

Jan 6, 2017
i just checked today ota update and there is a new update 1.1.4, marshmalow 6.0.1,fix krypton 17....anybody tried to install,because in january been pushed in the air new firmware and too many users complaining.i need to be make sure this update is good one.thanks for help

Sent from my HTC 10 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Reactions: judeep

St€phen

Mar 12, 2017
i installed new 1.1.4 firmware for t8 mini and after 2hour run ,no issuess found yet.i would like to say a Big Thanks to developers for excellent work.

Sent from my HTC 10 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Hi all,

I updated my firmware two days ago and apart from having to re-install Kodi because it would no longer work, I have lost the sound output from the box's AV outputs. After spending the entire day trying to sort it, I did a factory reset hoping that would sort the issue but it hasn't.

I use the HDMI port into the TV and use the AV port into my surround sound amp. The sound still works through the HDMI/TV. I have changed and tried all the audio settings in the box, changed the AV cables, changed the input channels on the amp but nothing makes it work again.

Any ideas for me to try?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Here is an old thread (and on a different box) which refers to a similar problem. But the solution may still work for you.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The Phono/RCA outputs aren't officially supported/listed as a feature. It looks like this OTA doesn't support them, sorry. In case it helps, could you perhaps run the RCA cables from your TV's output sockets for audio, or use a 3.5mm headphone socket on the TV? If it has optical TOSLINK input on the surround sound amp, you could connect using that instead.

St€phen

Mar 12, 2017
The Phono/RCA outputs aren't officially supported/listed as a feature. It looks like this OTA doesn't support them, sorry. In case it helps, could you perhaps run the RCA cables from your TV's output sockets for audio, or use a 3.5mm headphone socket on the TV? If it has optical TOSLINK input on the surround sound amp, you could connect using that instead.

Thank you. Yes that would have done as a work around for me but decided to upgrade the TV and the sound system, so everything now working as I wanted!

Reactions: ChrisM

fiord

Sep 30, 2015
I've tried the OTA update on my Mini and I'm getting the message that there is no update available?
The last Firmware update I done was last August or September.
How can I check to see what version I'm on?

fiord

Sep 30, 2015
Hi Nigelar,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Went into Settings, More Settings, Apps but the OTA updates isnt there??

I see it in the Apps section (ie. clicking on the 6 dots) but the only option is to check for an update but there are no updates available also I dont see anywhere to clear data etc.

I can see the system is on 4.4.2

Also when i go into Droidbox Shop a lot of the apps are greyed out, in so much as no pictures/images are showing.
Something aint right.

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Are you sure you have a t8 mini @fiord ??
That was shipped with android 5 minimum so I'm extremely surprised to hear you say you have android 4.4.2.
If that is truly the case, then as you say "something ain't right".
Please can you recheck your model number.

fiord

Sep 30, 2015
Hi Nigelar,

Took your advice and double checked what type of box. It's simply says Model Number T8.

I bought it back in Sept 15, is there a difference between a T8 & a T8 Mini?

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Yes!
In modern technological terms there is.
The t8 - an older machine. Processor amlogic s802 does not support later than android 4.4.2. Less on board storage. Does not have dual boot android and librelec.

T8 mini. More modern machine S905 processor. Currently running android 6. Dual boot system android/librelec. Etc etc.

The old t8 still runs ok. You can get a version of kodi 17 for it plus a version of kodi 16 that fixes the "https/ssl" issue.

You are up to date with t8 firmware.