David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
As you know droidBOX have updated there boxes from OpenELEC to LibreELEC.
If you are one of the few who are having some motion judder, I've done this and it works for me.
1st go to system and then Video, now go to Playback, on your right you will see Adjust display refresh rate...set this to On start/stop. Now go back and go to Acceleration and set Allow hardware acceleration amcodec, highlight, then underneath set MPEG 2 to always and MPEG 4 to 720p and up.
Now go go back to system and system again and look for Audio output then on your right turn off Keep audio device alive. Now go back to the main home page and go to programs and areswizard.
Here go to tweeks and click here and then Advanced setting wizard. Now this will set a new XML.
At the top (Video Cache Size)move it all the way across to the right, then at the bottom set Buffer Mode to 3 and then click Apply these setting. You will now need to reboot kodi for all that to work. Up to now it's been working fine and Audio and video plays better.
If you are having problems please give this ago and leave feedback back if it works or change's you've done to improve it.

Best of luck and enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM and sblabs

mrbob

Jan 12, 2017
I followed the amendments to the letter, seems to have sorted the juddering and the loss of audio but now incurring buffering, I'm receiving up to Mbs via virgin and its a standard issue TS 8 plus....don't remember buffering previously have I introduced some constriction?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Try a different buffer mode in areswizard, ie if buffer mode 3 is set try 1 or 2 see if this helps. Reboot kodi after each change...
Plus have a play with Acceleration setting too, a tip do one at a time.

Good luck

mrbob

Jan 12, 2017
Hi David I'll bear all this in mind because quite coincidentally Virgin have just replaced our Superhubv1 with a v2 to resolve issues around wireless performance. My droidbox is hard wired to the router (rather than wireless) but the router will be more performant I think. Whatever the buffering seems to have disappeared, does that make sense to you? Also, just so I can understand a bit better what I'm doing when I make these settings changes could you give me (or point me to) a brief laymans explanation of what 'hardware accelration' is doing and what the 'buffer mode' is doing? Much obliged in anticipation

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
David, I am going to follow your advice but can I ask a question?
After I set up a new XML and key in the settings and even after adjusting the settings - would I be able to revert back or remove it - OR will it just sit there.
Or can I disable it?
Im really wanting to know how permanent it is
Hope you dont mind
Dave

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
You can change it back by going into Xunity maintenance and tweeks then look for delete advanced XML. This clears it, you can then go back and try another...
Not sure on this but I've been told echo maintenance tool has one for android boxes...but try mine out first.

Good luck

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
So please David mine not connecting to wifi or just few seconds and lose connection again and this happen only with LiberELEC. !? It's T8-S plus! ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app
Have you tried to reboot your router, plus check LibreELEC configuration to make sure it's correct.
Also if you can try a wired connection to see if you have an issue.

Best of luck

Reactions: Wahed v

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Can you try a wired connection to see if you get the same, if not you might have to reset the router or a factory reset to see if this helps. If you do a factory reset set LibreELEC first so you can see if has worked.

Good luck

Reactions: Wahed v