ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@barry I've added you to the Beta Testers group. You should now see an extra forum linked to at the top of https://www.droidboxforums.com/forums/t8-s-sata-connection-dualboot-android-openelec.31/ . Another customer has reported that the beta firmware flash didn't complete, so you might want to either wait a few days for updated instructions, or be prepared for nothing to change.

PLEASE DO NOTE ALL THE WARNINGS FOUND IN THAT AREA REGARDING BETA FIRMWARE, STABILITY ETC.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@getyers Done. There may be an issue with the flashing instructions, don't lose hope if the firmware doesn't get installed, getting some additional assistance from work colleagues to trace issue. Will update links or instructions as needed. Might be this afternoon, if not then on Monday.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A BETA FIRMWARE, ALSO CHECK THE WARNINGS FOUND IN THE BETA AREA OF THE FORUM.

Excuse the caps, but important!

getyers

Feb 1, 2015
Spain
I have flashed the IMG and the INI to t8s plus. It loads up but there is no WIFI or ETHERNET. pictures attached.

1471543743712.jpg
1471543753463.jpg
1471543760066.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
This is a T8-S firmware.

You mentioned you've flashed it to a T8-S Plus, so many areas won't work, different chips.

Shoot us an e-mail with a link to this forum thread, I'm not sure how much they charge, but the office should be able to flash it back to a T8-S Plus firmware (these files aren't shared).

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Looks like it will be another firmware in the future that can be beta tested here properly. I'm restricted without a T8-S, and other staff weren't able to get far with flashing this image either.

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
I'm going to just forget it to be honest ..... Its been that long in the making I don't think it'll ever see the light of day.
Its been months and months now hasn't it and despite all the promises of "It'll be next week" or "Coming soon" if there was any real push to make it work on the T8-S I think it would have been before now.
Probly better updating to a newer box that has lollipop as standard or just be happy with what we have as its working fine.
I have another box with 5.1.1 on it ( M8S II+ ) and to be honest they are pretty much the same.... looks different but in use its just the same.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Besides having 32gb storage, what's the difference between the T8-S and Plus boxes?

If it's just storage, why can't the Android 5 firmware be installed?

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

Reactions: barry

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
different processors I believe. T8S plus has the S812, T8S has the S802. Firmware will be bespoke to the processor.

Reactions: barry

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
OK, thanks. I always wondered what the difference was between storage and OS Versions.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

Carlb79

Jan 31, 2016
I've been waiting patiently forever so I can get an update to openelec, these things were promised months ago. If I'm honest, if you're not going to offer back support to devices you've sold I'll be getting my boxes elsewhere. Cheers anyway.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Minkbomb