GoBeau

Dec 6, 2019
Hello,

I'm looking for some help and/or instructions on why when I FTP from my Windows computer to the Android Box and try to back-up all the folders and files from the Android Box to a Folder on my Windows 10 computer using FTP FLASHFXP that files don't get seen or get transferred at all. I have enabled the Transfer to PC option on the box using EX Explorer and connect to it no problem with my FTP software but it seems that only the folders structures gets transferred and not the files withing the folders? It's the same when I try to browse the folders withing the FTP software that are on the Android Box, I can see all the folders but all the folders listed on the Android Box, including the Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files folder, appear to be empty! I know they are not empty because I can see these files when I browse the root of the Android Box itself through its output to a TV but can't see them through my computer. Here is what I am trying to do, I have two identical Android Boxes: I want to perform a complete back-up of each boxes (they are running with slightly different software) and I want to be able to restore these back to present or original state from a backup created using FTP transfer to either of these if I try loading different options and want to quickly return to my original starting point. I'm thinking somehow that the FTP software are possibly not seeing any files because they might be in some sort of hidden mode. Any help and process to follow to easily allow me to do this would be greatly appreciated. Thanking everyone who can contribute to this in a positive manner ahead of time. THANKS.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Try using es file explorer from the playstore, the free version is fine. Open the tools menu on the left, scroll down and enable 'show hidden files'. Now open network menu (above the tools menu) then remote manager and turn it on. Make a note of the ftp:// address for your box. Now from your pc d/l filezilla and just type in your boxs' ftp addy and you should be good to go.