alex magee

May 8, 2017
Got the t8 mini then took out a years sub on ipvanish. when i start thebox up it always reads "disconnected" when i try to connect the message in the right hand corner reads " reconnecting" and doesnt change to "connected" Ive tried it several times but it wont connect. Have i made a complete arse of this??
I understand thst this protection is important however ive paid a lot of money for no protection what so ever. Any ideas of how to sort this or am i better cancelling and getting my money back?

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Try uninstaling then reinstall the Ipvanish software. It might be as simple as that. Sometimes the TAP/Open VPN drivers don't install correctly.

Also once reinstalled, go into the settings menu of Ipvanish and make sure you set it to auto connect on startup.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

alex magee

May 8, 2017
Chris/Fritz,
I got it going!!! it was as easy as uninstalling then installing, many thanks for the help with this, sometimes old goats like me need a wee bit of help!

Reactions: Fritz-69

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Just for the record, IPVanish supports 5 devices at once. If one of those is a modem/router (that can create VPN connections), then the devices connected to the router wouldn't count.

source: https://www.ipvanish.com/pricing.php
upload_2017-5-11_15-41-12.png

Reactions: SmokingElectronics

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Yes it does to an extent.

You can login on 5 devices simultaneously.

Or as @ChrisM has stated, if you choose to setup up a VPN on a router, then unlimited devices (all) connected to the router will be covered automatically.

Grace

Jun 20, 2017
Yeah, that is an understood thing. If a vpn is configured on your router other multiple devices can be connected. But the question arises will it not considerably affect the speed of the connection to a greater extent.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Yes it does, but that's the price you pay for the security from prying eyes.

All VPN services do this. It's just how they work.

I was with IP Vanish and found it to slow when connected.

I've now switched to Nord VPN which is alot faster.

I've herd good reviews about Private Internet Access (PIA).

At the end of the day, try for yourself and decide.

Either way. In today's streaming community, it's essential that a VPN is used or its just a ticking bomb until you get caught.

Reactions: BarleyH and angela
B

BarleyH

Yeah, that is an understood thing. If a vpn is configured on your router other multiple devices can be connected. But the question arises will it not considerably affect the speed of the connection to a greater extent.

It will. Gave you an example on the other post.

B

BarleyH

Either way. In today's streaming community, it's essential that a VPN is used or its just a ticking bomb until you get caught.

Yes indeed. In my case, buffered work well. But not for a very long time. I tried Nord. It was okay. Went with PureVPN then. it was okay too. I am using IP Vanish now and it is a lot slower but sometimes it gives good speed.

Right now I am only using IP Vanish. Will try other services when this one expires.

This is true though. We have to compromise on speed in order to get ourselves secured. But what if the product is giving you Ip leaks? That just simply cancels out the privacy and security aspect.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
I DNS Leak tested Nord VPN on standard and extended tests.

No leaks at all.

Grace

Jun 20, 2017

I guess it is not possible to subscribe each and every vpn to use and then decide which one to keep and which one to throw away. Unless there is a trial version available.

Grace

Jun 20, 2017
Yes indeed. In my case, buffered work well. But not for a very long time. I tried Nord. It was okay. Went with PureVPN then. it was okay too. I am using IP Vanish now and it is a lot slower but sometimes it gives good speed.

Right now I am only using IP Vanish. Will try other services when this one expires.

This is true though. We have to compromise on speed in order to get ourselves secured. But what if the product is giving you Ip leaks? That just simply cancels out the privacy and security aspect.

Speed is an issue with all. Depends on the level of security protocol you are using. And also the encryption makes things slower.