sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Whatever vpn you choose, download its app from the playstore put your login details in and connect to a server/country. Different setup in libreelec

Reactions: ChrisM

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
VPN really does work. I have one installed and for some reason I turned it off and I couldnt stream any sports at all through my sports sub (wont mention which one)
Im with Virmin and they are blocking everything.
I turned the VPN back on and it was perfect.
Dave

BondVPN

Jul 23, 2017
That's due to the ISP being able to see your traffic when not on a VPN, while on the VPN your traffic is encrypted so your ISP has no idea what you are doing :)

stanster

Nov 23, 2015
Digibit have sent me a zip file (which I can't open due to a virus warning) so i can install the vpn on my router.

Has anyone done this and how easy is it (can't see if there are instructions included).

Any danger of a novice bricking their router ?

stanster

Nov 23, 2015
This is what they sent :

Thanks for getting in touch & were absolutely happy to help you with this - If your router supports a VPN Client then you can use the below files to connect to the secure VPN network here at DigibitUK - Remember that Sky / Virgin / BT and other Standard ISP Routers dont allow a VPN connection to be loaded.

Below is a link to the Certificates .zip file which will contain everything you need to get yourself up and running with the built in Zgemma OpenVPN Client.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Im with Virmin and they dont support VPN on the Super Hub 3. I downloaded the files and then I installed them into OpenVPN on Librelec side of my box. Im using OpenVPN. Theres a wizard you follow and then it asks you for your digibit log in details and password so it connects to your VPN Digibit. Im not aware that Virmin routers support VPN. I have an iMac and I am also using Digibit on that - but again not through the router.
Digibit so far have not got an apple client yet but say they will release on in May so thats good. Im using an Open VPN client called Tunnelblick on my mac and its exactly like OpenVPN - install Digibit files and connect. Im finding it spot on. Its free to download and use. Once installed - (if you have a mac) you need to go top preferences and tick update - but also tick search Beta updates as this will then install the latest Beta version which is the best.