Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
They have asked us to log the errors so they can include in a proper release. I do not expect instantaneous fixing. Some things are self fixable like the storage message thing or reverting back to kodi 16.
If you see anything disasterous though be sure to highlight it here.
As i said above, if the release proves a total failure we can ask db to revert us to the previous f/w.
In the meantime, enjoy your first view of kodi 17 (beta) but do not put a build on it, some are not compatible yet. (there is a new skin too, estuary, but the old default skin, confluence, can be downloaded).

nikinecek777

Jan 6, 2017
First i would like to say BIG THANKS for all users, they are already testing new firmware,i just would like to add some info. before i bought t8 mini i had 3 different models android boxes and there was installed android 6.0.1.Firmware was ok,but problem was with kodi jarvis 16.1 official release.was not working properly with android 6.0.1.Too many times force close or stopped,crashes.This happen on all 3 devices.Kodi 16.1 jarvis run perfect with android 5.1.1.also my friends confirmed same .Maybe this will also help developers from droidbox bring for us new firmware android 6.0.1 ,with perfectly run version kodi ,we could install any build like on android 5.1.1 with kodi 16.1 jarvis. thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I didnt get the error message. Maybe because i didnt factory reset on the install.

fiveznuff

Jul 11, 2016
And also weird but nice colorful wallpaper showed up one time after I rebooted box and started it up, went blank and nothing so I rebooted box and went to normal DroidBOX homescreen

Sent from my SM-N920V using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Deezel

Nov 4, 2016
North east
New update nothing but problems , buggered my seperate Kodi up , libre elec is ok though, when on seperate Kodi it is just crashing , weather now not working like it used to , is there any way to go back to the last update before I throw this box in the bin !!!! also cpu at 100% in Kodi compared to 3% in libre elec

Last edited:

fiveznuff

Jul 11, 2016
Ohhh it works at first I was getting error that DroidBOX market was unfortunately stopped.. I restarted app and it works. Lol this who restart on DroidBOX and apps is so weird to get things working..

fiveznuff

Jul 11, 2016
I have this message while playing 4k using Kodi and dbmc
1483999729528.jpg
1483999737916.jpg

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
New update nothing but problems , buggered my seperate Kodi up , libre elec is ok though, when on seperate Kodi it is just crashing , weather now not working like it used to , is there any way to go back to the last update before I throw this box in the bin !!!! also cpu at 100% in Kodi compared to 3% in libre elec
If Kodi 17 beta is playing up, delete and install Kodi 16.1 from Google play or the official Kodi tv site and see if it runs better. Cheaper than binning the box.

Deezel

Nov 4, 2016
North east
If Kodi 17 beta is playing up, delete and install Kodi 16.1 from Google play or the official Kodi tv site and see if it runs better. Cheaper than binning the box.
Yes I did download Kodi 16.1 as that new version of Kodi was rubbish , I'd spent ages getting my previous Kodi how I wanted it with the excellent Gen-TEC builds but all that was lost through bownloading that new stupid firmware rubbish , I though they would have least but the old system back up , anyway I'm using my old cheapo Kodi box at least that runs with no crashing etc ,cos this new version is running so long on Kodi 16 on the T8 mini and then it will just stop and go back to the start screen !!!!

Reactions: nikinecek777