nikinecek777

Jan 6, 2017
Yes I did download Kodi 16.1 as that new version of Kodi was rubbish , I'd spent ages getting my previous Kodi how I wanted it with the excellent Gen-TEC builds but all that was lost through bownloading that new stupid firmware rubbish , I though they would have least but the old system back up , anyway I'm using my old cheapo Kodi box at least that runs with no crashing etc ,cos this new version is running so long on Kodi 16 on the T8 mini and then it will just stop and go back to the start screen !!!!
same as me describe in previous post ,kodi 16.1 only stable with android 5.1.1

Sent from my HTC 10 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'll check Kodi 16.1 and Marshmallow on the Mini.

I've been in contact with some people from here who had the Marshmallow fw installed, we seem to be going OK so far, if a factory reset is applied. 4K playback is something we've not tested yet, and before I forget, the logos will have our standard one if made final.

If/when this becomes an official firmware, we'll have instructions on the blog, and if space allows, a shortened form in the changelog box.

Deezel

Nov 4, 2016
North east
I'll check Kodi 16.1 and Marshmallow on the Mini.

I've been in contact with some people from here who had the Marshmallow fw installed, we seem to be going OK so far, if a factory reset is applied. 4K playback is something we've not tested yet, and before I forget, the logos will have our standard one if made final.

If/when this becomes an official firmware, we'll have instructions on the blog, and if space allows, a shortened form in the changelog box.
So in the meantime is it not possible to put the old 5.1.1 back up for download because in my opinion that new rubbish has spoiled what was a perfectly good box

Reactions: blueyhills

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Kodi 17 confirmed as best to use for stability on Android 6.0 devices.
Kodi 16.1 might be preferred by some (look, compatibility, familiarity) for a while until 17 goes final, however not much can be done other than advising to try 17 if reboots etc.

Regarding reverting to Android 5, yes this can be done, see other threads regarding this, will need to make contact with order ID and we can remote in. However, given most issues are resolved with a factory reset, and some of the bug fixes to be found with the more recent release, I'd consider trying the newer Android 6 Beta (see the pinned thread in the T8 Mini area) if a factory reset doesn't actually help.

Sorry for the delay with this response. @8bitDev can you keep an eye on this thread please.