Jerry Pond

Oct 7, 2016
Greetings, today I installed the T8-S Plus latest firmware update going through all the steps. After install, I have not been able to open any streams from any add-ons, Exodus, SALTS, Phoenix, Pro Sports, etc., on the Android side. They download but none of the streams open. The stream download popup box stops at 2%, or thereabouts, the working circle spins briefly, then nothing.

LibreElec however, works perfectly. I even added real-debrid to no avail on the Android side. LibreElec is lightning fast and plays 1080p real-debrid streams flawlessly.

I tried clearing cache, thumbnails, etc. on the Android with the new tdb maintenance. On real-debrid's "my downloads" log every stream I tried to open on the Android side never went active while on LibreElec the same streams did go active, meaning they opened and played.

What am I doing wrong on the Android side?

The only difference I can think is that I set up the new ipvanish on the Android side but not on the LibreElec side. My Droidbox is ethernet wired to my Asus RT-AC68 router. I have 60+ mbps internet speed on my wireless laptop. When I run the speedtest app from your app list with ipvanish running I am at 20 mbps from the router hardwired to my Droidbox. I let them choose the server which is Seattle <200 miles from me and the closest. I would think 20 mbps would be plenty. Yes or No??

Maybe I should try ipvanish on LibreElec and see if the same thing happens?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Few things to try

A)switch VPN off on android
B) can you stream as opposed to download?

Jerry Pond

Oct 7, 2016
Apparently, LibreElec has openvpn built in so there is no system vpn setup button like OpenElec had. It has to be done by programming.

Jerry Pond

Oct 7, 2016
I've been tinkering with this all day. I finally decided to install ipvanish on my router openvpn. This opened up another can of worms. Though I've chosen several ipnvanish Seattle Washington (200 miles from me) server files when I do Ookla speedtest and What's My Ip Address the ip location is Phoenix Arizona. (1500 miles from me) I don't understand how their Seattle servers are in Arizona. Not to mention my speed drops from 60mbps to 20mbps. I know this isn't Droidbox's fault but it all works together.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Try turning off VPN and see if it works. Additionally you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Kodi 16.1 and see if that helps.
Check if other apps work on android side, check mobdro, showbox see if they work.