Jontttt

Sep 1, 2015
Ok so I got my T8-S at the weekend after being recommended one by a friend (bought from the official amazon outlet)

I'm starting to get my head around how it works I think but was/am slightly confused as I have one of the new boxes without driod wizard installed. There was a cover letter with the machine explaining this but I was still getting asked for login details. I followed the guides to enter my invoice number but it just comes up as unrecognised. In any event I could just use the backup button on the remote to ignore this and everything seemed to work fine. As it stands now (see comments below) I no longer seem to get asked for this.

So I've tinkered with rasberry Pi a couple of years ago so sussed out 2 options:

- run in android mode to use apps such as Show Box and the Kodi interface. Doing this means that Kodi will run slower as its running under the Android shell.

- run in OPENlec mode to run kodi directly which in theory will run quicker.

I love the idea of dual boot as I want to have the choice of running android Apps or Kodi without the android shell.

So I configure android first...

- install my favourite apps
- get my bluetooth keyboard working
- run XBMC / Kodi and install the Wookie ad on

All works fine.

I then boot into OPENlec using the dual boot app in android

I try out the simple menu item at the bottom to close down / boot back into android and it works a treat. boot back into android and then back again into OPENlec.

I then try to configure Kodi in OPENlec as per my android setup BUT....

- cannot get my bluetooth keyboard working (when I try to activate Bluetooth it states no device present)
- when I install the wookie add on I lose the button at the bottom to dual boot back into Android.

I cannot figure out how to dual boot from Kodi in OPENlec with wookie installed. I ended up doing a system reset which worked really well.

So I've reset up android and KODI with wookie running under android and can dual boot again. But how do I install wookie onto KODI in OPENlec and retain the ability to dual boot ?

Also how do I get a bluetooth keyboard working under KODI OPENllec if it won't recognise the bluetooth hardware receiver ?????

any help much appreciated ;-)

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Wookie login and password us free and 1234. Check in openelec the openelec setting either in program's or go system and underneath there's openelec there too. You can turn on bluetooth.

Kendalld77

Aug 12, 2015
Did you manage to return to android from openelec in Wookie I was wondering the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
i dont think openelec likes custom skins much, i set mine to the default confluence and in settings apperance you can set the closedown button options, i just downloaded some fancy artwork to tart up the background