JamesP

Dec 25, 2018
Well, it's Christmas day and I have a very sad little boy here who can't play his main present.

Got a Droidbox iMXQpro Mini retro-gaming edition. Except it shipped without the controller. After an apology, got the ipega controller sent through and an assurance that it would connect fine to the Droidbox.

Except it doesn't. There is no listing for Bluetooth in the menu, the video guide seems to be for a completely different version of Android. The bluetooth dongle is plugged in, but isn't recognised anywhere. All firmware seems to be up to date. Bluetooth doesn't appear under the Settings > Device menu. Controller recognised fine by my mobile.

As a result, we can't play anything at all. Remote works fine, but that doesn't help.

Any help would be most appreciated, thank you.

Kim155

Dec 28, 2018
Well, it's Christmas day and I have a very sad little boy here who can't play his main present.

Got a Droidbox iMXQpro Mini retro-gaming edition. Except it shipped without the controller. After an apology, got the ipega controller sent through and an assurance that it would connect fine to the Droidbox.

Except it doesn't. There is no listing for Bluetooth in the menu, the video guide seems to be for a completely different version of Android. The bluetooth dongle is plugged in, but isn't recognised anywhere. All firmware seems to be up to date. Bluetooth doesn't appear under the Settings > Device menu. Controller recognised fine by my mobile.

As a result, we can't play anything at all. Remote works fine, but that doesn't help.

Any help would be most appreciated, thank you.

Did you find out how to get it working? I’m in the same boat got a controller that is not recognised with the box. Also a Christmas present.

JamesP

Dec 25, 2018
I did - they e-mailed me. Plugged in dongle, held down the Home button + Select. That did it.

(Full disclosure - If I had read the bit of the instructions for the iPega that refer to Android TV (not Android device) I could have worked this out for myself!)

Kim155

Dec 28, 2018
I did - they e-mailed me. Plugged in dongle, held down the Home button + Select. That did it.

(Full disclosure - If I had read the bit of the instructions for the iPega that refer to Android TV (not Android device) I could have worked this out for myself!)

The ipega controller I got didn’t come with a usb dongle maybe that’s the issue thanks for the reply I will see if holding down the buttons will connect it wired. Thanks

JamesP

Dec 25, 2018
At the risk of being patronising, did you lift up the plastic cover/mobile phone holder in the centre of the controller? The dongle was in there, under the Home button. I only ask cos' I thought it was another button, but you pull the dongle out! If you've just got a rectangular hole there, then I guess it's missing.

Kim155

Dec 28, 2018
At the risk of being patronising, did you lift up the plastic cover/mobile phone holder in the centre of the controller? The dongle was in there, under the Home button. I only ask cos' I thought it was another button, but you pull the dongle out! If you've just got a rectangular hole there, then I guess it's missing.

I think we must have different controllers I was sent ipega wolverine which is a Bluetooth controller. I think that maybe the issue. Thank you for your help. Hopefully they will email me back and I can get it sorted.

Reactions: JamesP