Jordan

Apr 13, 2017
Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this box while tidying up and thought it would be great to watch some movies.
I also found a 5v 3a power supply stated on the box and connected it to my tv with a hdmi cable. I powered it up but was presented with a blank screen so i tried another hdmi cable and had the same result.. I then went onto trying another hdmi cable (currently being used for my computer) but once again it didn't work. Finally i tested all 3 cables with a monitor and i still had no hdmi output from the box. It is a T8-S V2.0 16GB. I'd love any advice on how to get it operating, thanks.

Jordan

Apr 13, 2017
Managed to stumble across the box again and started searching and found my own post a year later.. the red light appears which turns blue when clicked? Using several different hdmi cables in each port on both my monitor and tv I get no signal, I have also tried using rca connections to my tv but to no avail, still no signal. Apologies for not responding sooner...

Jordan

Apr 13, 2017
Was attempting to factory reset until I figured that being able to see the output was essential haha

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Might be worth trying a reflash, though this would be done blind...

https://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/t8-s-droidbox-firmware.9764/ has the steps

I think the button presses required would be:
(starting in recovery mode, give it a good 20 seconds to hopefully have reached the menu)
Down twice
OK
OK
Down once (assuming you only have the one file (the ZIP) on your SD Card
OK
Wait 15 minutes to be on the safe side.

You might struggle with the recommend factory reset afterwards, but if the firmware reflash sorts the video output you could reboot and if the video is now present, back to recovery menu for the reset.

Anyone still have the original T8-S to confirm/correct the button presses required?

Jordan

Apr 13, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply, i'll attempt to flash it blind now I know the steps :) Will let you know how it goes, if it works you're a miracle worker

Jordan

Apr 13, 2017
Followed your steps exactly but no luck, still no output. Is there anything else I could try or is it time to bin it? Was hoping it could replace my current solution of a raspberry pi as its more powerful and has a sata connection.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can't think of anything else, anyone here got a suggestion? Think AlexELEC requires a newer CPU (S802 in the T8-S I think, S805 (or some newer chipsets) for AlexELEC (a different operating system).