Gary201

Dec 27, 2014
Hey everyone

Rebooted my box the other night all seems nice and new but I have a blank keyboard, been on the xmunity section and done the fix which comes up and says all done for you ! But I still have a blank board, also been in system settings and selected a different keyboard but it's still blank

Please help me

Thanks gaz

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
XBMC/Kodi>System>Appearance>Skin Confluence Customizable Mod>select Confluence instead, confirm selection.
This will switch to a skin that doesn't have the same keyboard issue, assuming our Wizard's keyboard fix didn't help either?

Just in case any of this is new:

Gary201

Dec 27, 2014
hi mate,

thanks for that will try it later when i get home wizard didnt fix the keyboard issue so will try different skin

was hoping you would post back do you remember spending all that time getting my box working just after xmas this year

really appriciated it mate cheers

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Hope it went well. I don't remember much from 5 months ago, the older I get, the more less useful (non-techy) stuff seems to just have a brief holiday in memory before sliding away!

Frank Renshaw

Jan 11, 2015
I changed the skin to confluence and got the keyboard back, but now I don't have the customization. Not happy about that. Any way of fixing it :(

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
You can always go to system, Appearence and on your right second from top, Setting and go through them.
You can make some adjustments by highlighting some setting to add and change back grounds to make it look better.
Having the Modded skin looks nice, but how much time do you watch them for...the basic Confluence skin is faster and I think easier to use. Plus make adding repos and Add-in easier too.

Dave

Frank Renshaw

Jan 11, 2015
Yes, point taken. I've already added my most used add-ons. To be honest I never used most of them.

Cheers, Frank.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Its nice to have the choice, as one day they work next they don't.
Some people run the Modded skin and all is fine, but then others have small problems.
You can always use a keyboard(remote), or if that doesn't work while on the Modded skin just go to System, click here, then Appearence and click on the top one on your right, change it to normal Confluence do what you need then go back and change it back. Its a pain but it works.....enjoy.

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
For future reference to visitors of this thread, I'll post in a quick video showing how to add add-on and menu shortcuts in XBMC/Kodi's homescreen.

First is the Confluence skin version

Just in case you want to do the same in CCM (Confluence Customizable Mod) skin, the default skin selected if you install the "Modded" pack.