Haggisss

Jun 7, 2015
Trying to update T8 box via OTA but keep getting Error fetching update info. No peer certificate

i have rom version1 (oct 30 2015)

Would appreciate any help

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
That is a long way out of date.
I have not seen that message reported here before - it might be an issue at the server end though in which case trying again later may work.

Other things to try:

- go into the android settings then apps then find the ota app and clear data. Try the ota update again

- if that fails, do a factory reset and try again

We are talking about a Droidbox supplie T8 here, right?

Pasqualebruno

May 14, 2016
Hi, I have this same issue on my T8-S Plus: in OTA Updater it says ROM version 1 (Oct 30, 2015) but in the Updates section below it says “Error fetching update info: No peer certificate”. I have gone into the OTA app and cleared the data; I have done a factory reset; still same message.

Interestingly, if I go to Settings>Other>System Update>Online Update I get a message saying “Check Failed! Check Your OTA Servier Argent”.

All started when I was getting messages in a movie app saying “This app isn’t compatible with your device anymore”.

Any help gratefully received, thanks.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Are you talking about a kodi addon or an android app?
Can you confirm what version of android you are running?
If an app does the vendor website state a minimum version of android?
Also some official movie apps are incompatible with these types of boxes.

Pasqualebruno

May 14, 2016
Hi, it was an android app. Has always worked in the past. Can you tell me how I would check what version of android I'm running?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Sorry for the late reply. You would look in something like settings. Often in the "About" tab or "system" tab. Depends on the firmware.
Anything android 5 or later should be good for most apps.
As far as i know the last firmware update for the t8s plus (my box) was March 2017.

What movie app btw. Modern versions of netflix for example, often do not run on these types of boxes.

markhals

Oct 22, 2014
Hi, was this ever resolved? I am in exactly the same boat with my dads T8. Its running Android 4.4.2 but when I check for android updates it says all up to date. Filelinked and Digibit apps are failing to load despite loading previously and Ultimate VPN app is saying not compatible.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
On the old T8 you have reached the limit in terms of updates. As far as I know it is not technically possible to update android on these boxes. A lot of apps now require a later android version. Kodi 17 for example required android 5 (it is now up to Kodi 19). To be honest the only feasible option now is to upgrade.