Iamguyster

Feb 26, 2015
Hi. I've taken my X7 ultimate on holiday but left the remote control at home. Is there a way I can still access the box? The situation is I can't get the box onto the WiFi without a controller and I don't have an ethernet cable. I have a mobile phone which I can install remote software on and have tried a few but they need the box on the network to detect it. I have a USB cable which I can connect my phone to the box with if that helps? My son also has his laptop with him... Again, not sure if that could be used? Any ideas?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Not found a way to use an Android phone as a USB keyboard (using the charging cable) without flashing a custom kernel to the phone. Only other remote control options all seem to require installing/activating an app on the X7 Ultimate first.

Does your son's laptop happen to have a mouse or controller? You could plug that into the X7 Ultimate and it should work. Even a USB gamepad should get you up/down/left/right and OK. USB keyboard as well, just in case there is one hanging around somewhere there!

Iamguyster

Feb 26, 2015
Sadly, he didn't bring his mouse. I even looked at it as we left the house and thought about taking it. He does have his xbox with him as well, we brought it for Netflix. I wonder if I can used a standard USB cable and his controller!!