KylejaybeeUK

Jun 2, 2017
Hi,

I have a sound issue when using the T8S Plus v2.

As it's booting up and the DroidBox logo appears I get sound from that just fine. The same for when I use DroidBox Switch on use OpenElec.

However within Android I get nothing. I've tried using an audio cable in the red and white slots and it just produces noise. Ibget nothing from the digital output. I got sound when I connected it to my Bluetooth speaker but nothing from HDMI.

My sounds are all at Max within Android and on my TV and still nothing.

Is anyone else having this issue? I bought this box specifically for Retroarch Emulators.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
So if you try "youtube" in android, simply connected to your tv via hdmi, (with bluetooth disabled) what happens?

KylejaybeeUK

Jun 2, 2017
So if you try "youtube" in android, simply connected to your tv via hdmi, (with bluetooth disabled) what happens?

I figured it out. For some reason my wired PS4 controller was the cause.

For any PS4 owners that have a Nacon Revolution Pro Wired Controller, whilst it does work, it also disables the sound for some reason. I have a feeling it's to do with the Headphone port on the controller.

Although I haven't tested, I assume you'd get sound by plugging some headphones into the bottom of the controller.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Might also be worth checking the device that is set. Connecting the Nacon controller might not be actually disabling the TV/HDMI sound, just switching from that to the controller. With the controller already connected/on, check the DroidBOX audio settings under both Settings and Settings>down one row, scroll to far right>More Settings