Alonline

Nov 30, 2014
I've had my T8 for 3 months now, and it's been great, but last night the sound suddenly stopped working. Strangely I came to the end of a DivX file with sound all the way through, but when the next started there was no sound at all: not on the previous file that had worked, not on XBMC, not on the main menu.

I've tried a different HDMI cable and port on the TV; I've adjusted all the sound settings I can find in the Settings, but still no joy.

I've tried composite cables and they give sound, so it would appear to be an issue with the HDMI out on the T8. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, have you gone to system, setting, system again and check audio is set to HDMI and check speaker config too. You can also when playing a video press enter or ok on the remote so you get the sub menu up, go to the speaker icon and press enter and check settings there too. Also check you volume is right up and not on mute, I no you probably done this so don't take any e fence.

Alonline

Nov 30, 2014
HDMI is set to Auto-detect, but I've tried all options. As for other settings: sound works on composite out, just not HDMI.

Alonline

Nov 30, 2014
It seems to be a fault with the HDMI port. It was just strange that it failed exactly at the end of one DivX and when the next automatically started.

Alonline

Nov 30, 2014
By composite I mean the red, white and yellow jacks at the back. Sound works perfectly over these, which is why it seems to be a fault with the HDMI port.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Composite was referring to the yellow plug on the triple RCA (phono) to 3.5mm (headphone) plug. The other two RCA plugs are carrying the analogue left and right audio channels.
@Alonline - is there no (HDMI) sound outside of XBMC as well? If you exit XBMC and open the YouTube app, does anything come from the speakers? If it is just XBMC, we'll try clearing the data and re-running the Wizard (if you use it). See https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/wizard-updated-2015-february/
If there is no sound outside of XBMC as well, skip the step above obviously. We could try a factory reset, see https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/how-to-access-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/ for the details. We'll get this sorted, if software reconfig doesn't help, then e-mail us and we'll sort things out.
[edit]
Posted same time almost! Oh, 31 minutes ago, should have refreshed before posting, sorry!

Alonline

Nov 30, 2014
I continue to be impressed by the speed and level of support given by these forums. A factory reset fixed the issue, so I'm now in the process of reinstalling all the XBMC addons again. I'll have to learn how to back my settings up in case this happens again.

Anyway, thanks to both of you for your assistance. I'll continue to recommend Droid Box to my friends due to the great support offered.