GaryB

Dec 15, 2016
Recently purchased 2 mini boxes which are not built as advertised. Been on to online support but still awaiting a reply by email.

Build currently as follows,
version p200_2G-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 20161022 test-keys
DBMC 16.3-0 Jul 29 2016
Openelec 6.95.3.3

The build has the the last updated home screen with the smaller area for My Favorites and does not come with LibreElec built with Kodi 16 or 17

Have tried several times to update, but none available. Have cleared data and cache then tried app again but still no good.

Have 3 forks of Kodi running and have had problems with very loud white noise after watching movies which required a restart of the Kodi app. Connected to my AV amp via optical (passthrough).

Any Help?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Gary. An ota update for the t8 mini is certainly available if you want to update. When you say cleared cache and data, did you mean you cleared those in the ota update app? Can you confirm and report back?

With regard to the white noise, do you get this when connected direct to the tv via HDMI? If not, I would suggest it is something to do with your connection through the amp. @David Savage might be able to help,as he is the AV expert.

Last edited:

GaryB

Dec 15, 2016
thanks for responding Nigelar.

Yes i meant the OTA app. I followed the online and forum advise to clear the data of the OTA app then run the app again. I think it was a person called IGOR that remote took control of my box and performed the same things that i has done previously. But still no update..

GaryB

Dec 15, 2016
My amp does not support HDMI in or outs only connection through the optical connection. The TV I use for the main room is a monitor only, no sound.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Gary.
If you have been in touch with droidbox re the firmware update, there is probably little more i can add. What was igor's conclusion when he was unable to get the new fw to load?

Re the audio thing i suggested connecting to a tv (any tv) via hdmi just to eliminate a problem with the box. As i say, david may be able to help you further.

GaryB

Dec 15, 2016
Igor said that they would get to me by email, but still waiting. Is it not possible to release the new firmware, install on SD or USB and use the recovery to update?? Libreelec could be installed by releasing the correct version of the OS and upgrading from the openelec folder structure.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Gary. I think that is a question for droidbox sorry. They do not like letting production firmware out in the wild other than via their ota process. I would poke them if you don't get a response to your initial query.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Igor said that they would get to me by email, but still waiting. Is it not possible to release the new firmware, install on SD or USB and use the recovery to update?? Libreelec could be installed by releasing the correct version of the OS and upgrading from the openelec folder structure.
Hi

If you have not been contacted already please contact us on [email protected] linking the thread and providing your order ID in the email.
We will initiate return and provide you a label afterwards.

Regards