Eddie Hawkins

Nov 12, 2016
I bought this android box as a means of allowing access to common catch up tv in the UK. This function has been fulfilled with the exception of the one channel mentioned in the subject title.
When trying to access All 4, I am able to view video and receive audio until the advert's have finished, but have audio with no video when trying to watch programmes.
I had the same problem with a previously owned android box, so do not think that it is a problem peculiar to this device.
Any ideas?
Regards

Eddie

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I think with the All4 Android app it turned out Channel4 blocked either rooted devices, devices with HDMI output, or both. Possibly to reassure the 3rd party media producers (and their own accountants!) that customers wouldn't be able to use the application to copy videos easily.

There are alternative methods to view TV series and films, however DroidBOX obviously needs to point out that you should always check the laws in your region and ensure you have permissions from copyright holders before viewing anything, when applicable.

Reactions: David Savage