Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Hi everyone. Have recently come up in the world and treated myself to a T8s which I'm extremely pleased with.
Set up was simple as usual but the problem is that I'm getting absolutely no sound in OpenElec.
I've checked every setting during playback of videos and into audio settings expert level. All are identical to XBMC in android so am a bit stumped.
Any ideas would be appreciated cheers.

Last edited:

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Just an update on the above. I'm using a VIP remote on this device but noticed that when in OpenElec, the pointer is not moving quite as fluid as it is in android.
I removed the dongle from the box, exited back to android then back to OpenElec and using the original android remote the sound is fine. Have tried all three USB sockets for the remote dongle and every time I lose sound.
Android sound is fine with either of the remote controls.
Any ideas?

Darren C15

Jul 25, 2015
Very strange behaviour, thanks for the heads up. I'll pass on the info so they know it needs a look/fix applied. Keep an eye out for updates.

Hi, First post - just bought a TS-8 with the i25 mini keyboard, spent 2 days trying everything to sort the volume and then stumbled on this, unplugged the USB transceiver and finally sound, was there ever a resolution to this problem.

PS - I had this issue in Android and OpenELEC

Whilst trying various things, I also had to restore my box and now I get the 8 digit AUTH box request. Also need help with the 1Tb hdd I bought with the box and mini keyboard, have formatted it but not sure what to do next, and while I am on - I cant run the updater, just says "ota servier agent" error????

Sorry for all the questions - 2 days worth of frustration so far, nearly had it back in the box and off to the post office :)

Darrenc15

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
To get the HDD to work you need to make a pathway from the app to the HDD. Go into Phoenix then press menu, now add-on setting, now scroll to the side where it says downloads. Stop here and go down one, click on here then the pathway you need to your HDD should be something like
/var/media/HDD stop when you see your HDD.
Then go and try it out...hope you understand this.

Reactions: Darren C15

Darren C15

Jul 25, 2015
Hi David

sorted the var/media/HDD bit - will I need to do this
the guy from droid says it would have been done if they supplied the box, the hdd was still in the bag so im starting from scratch, he mentions dreamcatcher???

is it also correct that this will only work in openelec - not android?

have you also seen an issue when your in openelec and click on the power button to go to android/reboot, when I click Android - it just reboots and doesn't do anything, I have to press the power button and it goes straight into openelec so now I cant get back into android at all? the only way I can get it to work is to re run the droid box application and have to wait for it to update again, obviously not ideal - had to do that twice already in 3 days.

thanks again in advance for your help

Darren

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Never seen the video, and yes that's what on mine and works a treat(not that I ever download) and yes only in openelec.
It doesn't sound right, if you click on
Android it should go back, but it needs to reboot back to the launch menu.
If it doesn't you need to email or use live chat..live chat is on the main site and the link is on the front page of this forum and then the greenish box with chat or message in on the site. Only office hour Mon to Friday, email is the contact us in the blue line and explain whats happening.
There's an update soon for Android, so keep an eye out on here.
Hope this helps.......Dave

Darren C15

Jul 25, 2015
Please make sure you click on "switch to Android" not the reboot, as it will just reboot back to openelec.

yeah I didn't explain very well, the option to go to android is gone, when I click on the power button which used to say reboot or switch to android, now it just reboots but doesn't actually come back to openelec or switch, I have to kill the power

I should have got a lower end established box I think.....

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Hi all and sorry to revive this old thread but was wondering if anybody else ever had this problem or if anybody knows how to resolve the issue of no sound in openelec.
Just to recap, the T8s works fine in android with the VIP remote that I'm using but as soon as I switch to OpenElec there is sound at all. Not even any clicks when making selections.
Switch to OpenElec with the standard remote and the sound is fine.
Switch to OpenElec with the standard remote and then plug in the USB dongle for the VIP remote and the sound is perfect.
Switch back to android and then back to OpenElec and again no sound.
Things I've tried :
All three USB inputs on the T8s.
Three HDMI inputs on my TV.
A different VIP remote.
A different tv and all the HDMI inputs on that tv.
All audio settings are identical to the android settings.
The only anomaly is when in OpenElec, selecting System from the Settings menu results in the cursor freezing if I try to select Audio (or any of the other selections in that menu)
Oddly enough the cursor only freezes when it touches the edge of those menus. It will move freely around the centre or edges of the screen but as soon as the cursor is directed towards the left hand menu column it freezes for about 30 seconds.
Thanks everyone.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
paul the only thing i can think of trying is to reset openelec this will lose everything and you will have to run a wizard again but mabe the openelec is a bit screwed up

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Cheers Mark. I've just reset system to defaults and now it seems to be stuck on the openelec screen which has now changed into 3 images of the openelec screen.
What were we saying in a previous thread? These boxes have a mind of their own

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
well thats not supposed to happen, only thing left is in android use the ota update, this renews the rom for android and openelec

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Yeh it's looking a bit dodgy. It will only boot into openelec and not android so am going to try another factory reset and see what happens.

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
116_opt.jpg
Here is a screenshot

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
How have you got on Paul B, hope you managed to sort it.
Next time in openelec use the standard remote and remove the USB dongle. Then in android put it back in to use the VIP again.
Also if you have time might be worth using live chat and ask for Chris and tell him whats going on with the remote. As its not right that you loose the volume, and you can't use openelec with it.
Hope you get it sorted..