Liver_Diver

Jan 11, 2015
Liverpool
New new unit & I Have got ethernet ok but no wifi. Believe selected options ok but get see no access point. I have two x7 so apart from menus and sub menus can't see what I am doing wrong. Have installed Inssider but it fails to see any wifi network I am missing a config issue. Have also manually installed SIDD and password but still no success. Have gone into all the sub menus so looks like either faulty aerial or RF side is down. Brand new unit so you have thought should have passed QA checks OK. Is there a special extra tick box for wifi but apps are seeing interface just looks like no wifi from hub and can't see the neighbours strongly suspect faulty unit. Any ideas?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Have we spoken already @Liver_Diver ? Your description seems familiar.
You can access the normal Android Settings screen (black and white text) from the T8's Settings screen (colourful) by clicking onto the last tab, and clicking the More Settings button. Though if WiFi isn't turning on properly from the colourful settings area, I'm not sure it'll make a difference. There aren't any extra boxes to tick hidden away, it should have started working properly when you turned it on. Devices are tested at the factory and in our office for WiFi connectivity, so I'm also wondering whether perhaps there a physical fault with the internal lead to the WiFi aerial.
If you've not already done so (we're catching up with e-mails as well right now), can you e-mail us, see http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ for details. If you have e-mailed us, hang fire and I'll make sure you get a response.

Liver_Diver

Jan 11, 2015
Liverpool
Thanks - have performed all firmware updates etc. but WiFi definitely dead, unit in the post for replacement - guess this brand new unit was never tested?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
All units are tested, both in the factory, and then in our office once we receive them. However, faults can occur between devices leaving our office and being plugged in, in a home. Sorry for the inconvenience.

pollywall1

Feb 11, 2015
Hi,
I have been using my t8 on ethernet but decided to try wifi.
The t8 sees my wireless network and its a good signal.
I select my network , put in the correct password and it says connecting but never does.

Why won't it connect ?

My tablet and laptop connect to the wireless network using the same password

pollywall1

Feb 11, 2015
Hi,
Many thanks for your reply.
I previously tried the" forget " and tried again but no diference.
I have had so many problems in such a short space of time, I returned it today.