sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Not sure if this fork has had any airtime on the forum yet? Have just installed the apk from Leetv55 and it runs very well, another bonus is it has its own directory path so just like SPMC it will run side by side with any other version of Kodi 17.3-15.2 already installed. Ideal for anyone wanting to use 2 different setups on the same platform. Am currently using this for a PVR TV guide setup only and it works a treat, another setup can always come in handy, it will be getting an android 4.4 krypton fork very soon. Had a bit of trouble with the d/l of it but google chrome stepped up to the plate :- https://goo.gl/TdjCda

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Sean,

I've been running vanilla Kodi 17.3 very successfully for the past few weeks. Any ideas what the supposed (or real) advantages of the Kodi 17 forks are these days? One of the advantages of spmc (upon which dbmc is based) was that they were more tuned for android machines. But I see very few problems with vanilla Kodi these days. I also notice that koying, the spmc man, is focussing more on nvidia machines rather than specifically android.

Btw I'm not talking about the forks which bring 17 functionality to android 4.x machines.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Its just another option as it has its own directory folder so will not overwrite an existing krypton setup, different setups can be achieved with just the 1 version of Krypton on any device if you know how but a fork will make this more achievable to any members that dont know the how to's, imo SPMC runs better than Kodi on any device including windows pc (for the past year) I have used