marki

Jan 9, 2016
Hi
Have been trying for a while to update the image on my droidbox (Arm7 M3Amlogic8726).I'm stuck on Kodi 14.2 and would like to move on.Could anyone help me with a higher image or point me in the right direction.Cheers.Mark

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
If you want to only update Kodi which is an app you just need to download other versions available and then install them on the box.
For example if you want to install Kodi 15.2 you will need to uninstall Kodi 14.2 and then download Kodi 15.2 and i=nstall it on your box.
Here is how to uninstall Kodi: Settings> Apps> Kodi> uninstall
Then download Kodi 15.2 from the below link: https://

Reactions: marki

marki

Jan 9, 2016
Thanks for the reply.Sorry I didn't explain very well.I'm on Gingerbread (Android 4.04) but I'm unable to upgrade higher than Kodi 14.2 because above this I believe you need Android 4.2 .I've tried loading 15.2 but was unable to.So I'm really after Android 4.2.But I'll try what you suggested and get back to you.Is the link missing?Cheers

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think marki wants to know if there has been a droidbox firmware with an android update @shah nissar.
If there has been can you provide a link (i couldn't see anything in the how-to page).

Marki - a google search may reveal 3rd party firmware updates for your machine/processor combination but you do run the risk of bricking your machine if it proves incompatible. I guess it is a very old machine to have that version of android on it?

marki

Jan 9, 2016
Will try that @Nigelar but the first time I tried a 3rd party update I downloaded a virus which resulted in a software reload on the pc.The box is nearly 3 years old but the support stopped a few months after I bought it.Just goes to show you need to make sure you choose wisely(ie good after sales support) when buying.This site looks good though.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You may be better served by upgrading anyway given the age of your machine. Look at the t8 type boxes on the droidbox main page (I have a t8).