Alan THFC

Jun 10, 2017
Hey guys,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find any help.

I just got my new T8-S Plus V2 box today and it came with Kodi version 16.6. I uninstalled this version and then downloaded 17.3 from the kodi.tv site. If I then open Kodi via apps it opens up in 17.3 but when I open up the droid box media centre its still version 16.6. Which is odd in itself as I thought I had uninstalled it?

I thought the media centre would read the newer version automatically but its not so is there a way around this?

I am a noob with this, ive only had 1 box before and that was nothing compared to this piece of kit so laymens terms / advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
DBMC is slightly different to kodi that's why it isn't over writen, plus I recommend getting kodi from the play store as it will aways get updates.
You can also make a sort cut for kodi on the right side using the +/- (main boot menu).
There's nothing wrong in having more then one build of kodi on your system so you can just leave DBMC until droidbox update this to a newer version.
You also have LibreElec on your box and this to is getting a update soon after testing is complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM