Mumblez

Oct 22, 2016
London
There were no instructions from Droidbox not to share, but I guess the shelf life is short. The link is removed
As mentioned I used an SD Card, containing this zip file, with "Apply from EXT" in the recovery menu. Initially the installation did not include DBMC, kodi, ES File Explorer etc. but they appeared a short while later.

Good luck.
[edit]
mod removed URL for download, not for public sharing, sorry

Thanks Jim

I managed to extract the platform.xml file, if anyone else wants a quick fix without a factory reset (on mac / linux):

1. Download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/457935/platform.xml and open a terminal to the location of the downloaded file, oh and reboot into LibreElec
( login should be root/libreelec )
2. scp platform.xml root@[ip-of-your-droidbox]:/storage
3. ssh root@[ip-of-your-droidbox]
4. mount -o remount,rw /flash
5. cp /storage/platform.xml /flash/etc/permissions #overwrite if prompted
6. rm -f /storage/platform.xml
7. rebootandroid

This should fix the internet connectivity issue

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Thomas

Dec 29, 2015
A correction. The issue with “Random and last items script error” when connected to media on my NAS drive is back again.

This occurs when I connect to my Synology Diskstation (using Add Video Source/Browse/Add network location-SMB+server name+username+password). This connection works ok but then every time I enter/exit menu items on the DBMC/Kodi homepage I get the error message “Random and Last Items Script Error”. This occurs in both Android DBMC and LibreELEC.

This error message did not appear on the default (Confluence) build of DBMC/Kodi when I did the last OS installation. The error message came back after Wookie/XConfluence was installed.

I guess this is not an issue for Droidbox but for the Wookie people.

EHTiger66

Mar 14, 2015
I've got my box back from droidbox and it's up and working. ive not tried writing to any drive yet internal or external, willreport back when i get chance to try.
they did say another OTA Update was in development may wait to update this time ;)

Reactions: sblabs

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Regarding writing to external devices from within Kodi, we will put a proper How To article (with proper English and screenshots) up later, but for now, from memory:

Open the play store
Sign in if needed
Search for SambaDroid
install
open
stop the service
configure settings
change path to /storage/
label it however you like, I'd avoid spaces out of habit. I used AllStorage to remind me I'd be looking one directory further up then expected.
start service
check working in Kodi (you'll be going via Add network location/SMB)
If working, return to SambaDroid options - turn on auto start

I didn't change the network name give, so in my case, the path to use in Kodi to be able to write was smb://SAMBADROID/AllStorage/

Please note the above will result in no password protection for your connection. You can set a username/password in SambaDroid, just don't forget to enter them in Kodi if you do so.

Other Samba Server apps are available, the above isn't an official endorsement from DroidBOX for a certain app, just one that I use.