chris O

Dec 29, 2016
Droidbox is starting and loading. I have installed various add ons. All load well and menus are displayed. When you click on for example POPULAR PROGRAMMES in specto.....the working animation appears very briefly then goes away. Nothing happens or loads. This is the same in all different addons.....working for a split second then nothing. Any ideas.
I am doing this for a friend who got this for xmas, I already have the same system and am doing nowt different to my one, which works perfectly.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You may have to disable ISP controls e.g BT smart set up from the browser on the box itself (they can be box specific rather than a general all household machines type setting).

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Have you tried the usual maintenance?

Clear CACHE, Packages and Thumbnails.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

chris O

Dec 29, 2016
Tried the usualstuff im afraid. FYI............Before going into kodi i can get on youtube instantly, the problems begin once in kodi. BTW how do you disable the controls in the browser?? thanks for all help.

chris O

Dec 29, 2016
there are no isp controls to disable. Think the box is going back, really no need on a 90quid box for all this, manufacturer problem not ours. thanks for help though.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you can get into YouTube then you can be 100% assured there is nothing wrong with the box. Kodi is just another app.
If it is not working in the way you suggest (empty lists) that is either due to ISP blocking or some configuration error.
Are you using a build for example? Often a cause of problems if not configured properly.
Also some Addons are get blocked here in the uk (e.g. 1channel, ice films, 123 movies etc) and will return empty list.
If you have to go with a build I would recommend Sean's build, available via the wookie. Sean is on this forum and the build is fully maintained.
When you say "there are no ISP controls to disable" what do you mean by that? Have you disabled them already via the box browser? Which ISP?

chris O

Dec 29, 2016
Ok here is my situation.
I have 2 identical T8 boxes.
They have addons called sports devil and Specto.
Thy both go through my home router, my Isp is BT.
They are sitting in front of me connected to two tv screens via hdmi cables. They are on and waiting to go.

I can go through various channels and choices on my old box......perfect.

Now I try new box and .......nothing happens when links are clicked.

The new one is a T8S plus, the older one is a T8S.

One works perfectly, one has the problems described. One is approx 10 month old, one came at xmas.

I will go through your suggestions one last time, however I still believe the box is at fault.
This was bought for a friend of mine who is a novice.......why should he need to go through all this, I will give it one last chance though. Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You need to switch off bt smart set up for each box using the browser on the box.
"Why should he need to go through this?"
Ask BT. It's their policy.

Reactions: David Savage

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
So Sean's build not working?
Please try this and report results. From the box browser, try accessing this forum.

chris O

Dec 29, 2016
yes have done that and got the bt warning, ive said no thanks for the parental controls. Restarted box, wookie still has no content as is specto. I am back to work now, this was for a friend, i have no time to keep at this.

My friend can take it up with Droidbox.

Thanks again

chris O

Dec 29, 2016
ok my friend I will give it a go when I return home. Tell me though, why is my other droidbox working if smart setup is the problem..........same router for both boxes?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Perhaps set up is smarter than you or me.
As I have said above, not so smart set up works at the individual device level not at generic router level.