triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Found the mft installer under 'Programs', 'android apps' from the main page. Now I can get the page up that lists all the options (Cine Box, HD Cinema etc) but I still can't open anything up. I can move up and down the list but if I get the cursor over the download arrow on the right hand side and click, nothing happens. Any ideas what I'm missing? I know I'm close!

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
So the remote keyboard arrived, absolutely brilliant! So much easier. However, I still can't get the mft installation app to work. I found it in 'Programs' then 'android apps' from the top page and it opens up ok. I can then see the the various items, 'Cinema Box, HD Movies' etc but when I click on them, nothing happens. I know I'm close but need help with the last step!
Cheers

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Sounds like you are trying to use it from within kodi. That may work but certainly i use it directly from android. See if that makes a difference.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
On your home screen, the 6 dots icon will take you to the android apps page(s). Select it from there.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi
We have had a T8 box since 2015 and it has been great. However, recently we have been unable to watch sport (not such a big problem) or movies (big problem!). We have been using Phoenix but this no longer seems to work and most other addons either dont work or are very slow/poor quality. I have done a search of the forums but am not sure what the answer is, it seems there may be a problem with Kodi? Our box is model no. K200, Android version 4.4.2, Build no. DroidBOX T8 24/04/2015. Do we need to update Kodi or is there some other addon that we can use?
We recently switched ISP providers but there are no filters/parental controls in place so its not that.
Thanks in advance.
Hi

Please visit link down below
https://droidboxforums.com/threads/kodi-17-on-android-4-4-devices.9707/

You can still have up to date non official releases of Kodi on your device.

Regards

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
So the remote keyboard arrived, absolutely brilliant! So much easier. However, I still can't get the mft installation app to work. I found it in 'Programs' then 'android apps' from the top page and it opens up ok. I can then see the the various items, 'Cinema Box, HD Movies' etc but when I click on them, nothing happens. I know I'm close but need help with the last step!
Cheers
Hi

Please check their official website and see which version of Kodi is recommended and check stand alone apps and their performance compared to the Kodi add ons

Regards

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
OK had a look at mft installer from my home page and its just the same, I can see everything but nothing opens up...frustrating! I'll have a go at the steps advised by 8bitDev and see what hapens!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Wrt to 8bitdevs advice, I would suggest putting to one side as it is a red herring (the app works successfully under Android 4.4.2, 5 and 6). As far as I know there is no mft installer web site.

Do you have a file installer like Es file explorer or chrome installed?
They sometimes help the install process.
I have just used the app (mft installer) a few minutes ago to install Spotify on an android tablet for a friend. Effectively the same process as on a droidbox.
It worked perfectly. Hit the download arrow for the chosen app. A number of boxes pop up asking you to confirm installation etc. At the end it asks you to open the app or close. The app you've tried to download is in the android app page (via the 6 dots).
Just make sure in android settings you allowed downloads from unknown sources in security settings.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Ok, thanks. My homepage doesn't have a 6 spot box, mine has a 9 spot box that opens the apps page. Does this means its an older version or something?
When I click on one of the download arrows, it takes me (slowly!) to a web page but then a big red button appears asking me to press it. It all seems to fall over then. Am I missing a step?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok.
Since 2015 the Droidbox T8 home page/launcher screen looked like this

https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/t8-and-t8-s-launcher-home-screen/

I think prior to that, there was a tile marked "my apps".

I have seen the 9 button tile on machines supplied by other companies e.g. Droidsticks.

At any rate that should not make any difference.

Let's recap:

1. You downloaded the mft installer successfully from the ares project forum
2. You can access it via the apps button on your Home page
3. You see a screen with tabs marked Recommended, movies/tv, live tv, music, other apps. The default open page is Recommended

Ok so as a trial, I am going to download the Terrarium TV app (I suggest you try this experiment as well).
1. I go to the tab marked movies/tv
2. I scroll down to Terrarium TV
3. I position the cursor on the download arrow on the right of the screen
4. I press download and an advert pops up to which I press "no thanks".
**Is this the screen you are stuck on with the "red button" or whatever?
You need to exit out of it by whatever means either by hitting "no thanks" or possibly a window close control like an "x" in a corner of the screen. I can't predict what sort of pop up advert has been shown or the screen closure controls.
5. It returns me to the download screen and immediately a box pops up asking me if I want to cancel or Install the app. I select install.
6. The app installs and asks me if I'm done or want to open it.
7. I select open and I'm in Terrarium Tv.
8. It advises me there is an update which I select
9. It returns me to the MFT installer - another advert pops up which I say "no thanks" to
10. I go to my apps and open terrarium tv.
11. Done

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Hi Nigelar, thanks for this, exactly what I needed.
My homepage is different to the one in the link. Mine has 6 coloured boxes with Online Video, My Apps, Settings, Kodi, Music and Local. mft installer is behind the 'MyApps' button. I followed your instructions and got to the Terranium TV and it looked like it would work. I could see the various choices (Better call Saul, Walking Dead etc) but couldn't get anything to work. Then I tried 'HD Movies' from the movies/tv icon and low and behold it works! I think I need to have a play and see what works and what doesn't,. I was getting lost in the actual installing process I think, not pressing the 'no thanks' buttons enough or something.
Anyway, I'll have a play and see whats what, thanks very much for your patience and help.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Ok, thanks. My homepage doesn't have a 6 spot box, mine has a 9 spot box that opens the apps page. Does this means its an older version or something?
When I click on one of the download arrows, it takes me (slowly!) to a web page but then a big red button appears asking me to press it. It all seems to fall over then. Am I missing a step?
Hi

You can attach a screenshot of your homescreen in the thread so we could see how it looks like.

Regards

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
To save you some trouble go to androi settings - about and see if it says anything useful.