lovemybox

Aug 28, 2017
when I use the VIP plus remote to search for films/tv programs there is a problem with OK button. When I type in the title and try to use the autofill selection on the onscreen keyboard the OK key does not work. All oth functions appear to function as normal. Any help would be appreciated.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Are you talking about Kodi? Google? An android app like showbox?
Give more info and an example of your search criteria and I can try and see if it is normal behaviour.

Last edited:

lovemybox

Aug 28, 2017
Thanks for the replies. The problem is when I use the search option in a Kodi Krypton build. The autofill function works but when I try to open any of the options above the onscreen keyboard the OK key does not highlight or open the selection. Pressing OK just makes the clock on top right flash once

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Sorry i cant help you further. I don't use builds just the raw addons. So probably get different results. What is auto complete anyway? I just enter some sort of vague search criteria and it gives me a list of stuff, some more relevant than other, to choose from.
Does the esc key or back key allow exit from the on screen keyboard and allow you to continue?

lovemybox

Aug 28, 2017
I am using the pulse build, when you use the search function it brings up the onscreen keyboard. Start typing the name of a film/tv program the upper part of the keyboard has an autocomplete function. You should be able to use OK button to open the film/program you what

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. I've done some research.
You will need the kodi auto complete for virtual keyboard addon installed. You should find this in the kodi repository under programs.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AutoCompletion_for_virtual_keyboard

Big note..... this only works with certain skins like the default kodi krypton skin (estuary). It may already be installed in your case but is incompatible with the skin used by pulse.

lovemybox

Aug 28, 2017
Many thanks for all your help Nigelar, it really is very much appreciated. I am really that conversant with all things Kodi but my Firestick remote worked perfectly. I will try to check the name of the skin and see if it can be changed. At the moment I am using the remote Droidbox mini keyboard which works fine

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Nigelar It may well be installed already, by the pack they have installed.

@David Savage The VIP and VIP Plus remotes have a unified OK/left mouse button key, unlike the B52 and some others. (B52 image at https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71kg87NC5rL._SL1500_.jpg , VIP and VIP Plus on the Accessories page of main site)

@lovemybox It might be worth flipping the VIP Plus over (so the QWERTY keyboard faces you) and using the Left, Right (arrows) and A button to see if you can select the auto complete options that way. Or turning off the air mouse function temorarily, and using the Left, Right and OK keys on the front of the VIP Plus.

Reactions: David Savage

lovemybox

Aug 28, 2017
Thanks to both of you for your help. I have checked and can confirm that the autocomplete keyboard is installed. There are 4 settings, Google, YouTube, local and Bing, remote is set up to use YouTube. I will try the suggestion of ChrisM