Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The blog entry (13 August) still shows this. Anyone know if the link to the OTA updated app is now available?

HELP!!! I don't have the OTA Updater application.
PLEASE NOTE: this section is ONLY required if you don't have the OTA Updater app icon in the long list of all installed apps.

Don't panic if your T8 does not have the OTA update application, please first follow this procedure:

You'll need to first download this file: LINK TO BE ADDED SOON

You can either open that link in the browser application on your DroidBOX device, or use a PC/Mac then transfer the file via a USB stick/hard drive or SD memory card.

Open the Update & Backup application from that same list of apps mentioned at the top of this post.

Reactions: Mystical

saroshi

Mar 28, 2015
hi guys. When are you planning on putting up the link, because i do not seen the OTA icon in apps anywhere. Is this the update for the whole main screen you see when u boot the box up?? The one I have is really dated. Also will it have the updated version of kudi 15.00??

Thanks

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You can get kodi 15 right now. Either go to the droidbox blog on the main droidbox page and download it from there or get it from the google play store.
Still waiting for a reply on the firmware.

saroshi

Mar 28, 2015
thanks for tht mate. Is tht update only for kudi or will it update the whole main menu screen etc? the main screen is really dated on my t-8 box. I also emailed them regarding this and see what happens.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
An official droidbox firmware update would probably update the mbox launcher.

saroshi

Mar 28, 2015
oh ok. do you think the OTA update is for that then? Surprised that the any memebers from driodbox team not mesaged on here yet??

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Well not just that. There will probably also be some other improvements and fixes as well e.g. provision of the ota update function. In the meantime, if you update to kodi 15 and dont want to change the stock launcher you can create a kodi shortcut on the home screen.

bom

Mar 17, 2015
under NSA surveillance
Bumpng this thread as been waiting for this link from August post. my T8 OTA update basically says it has not been set up by the administrator. Any news as to getting the link for an update would be nice?

bom

Mar 17, 2015
under NSA surveillance
Hi can someone check the link for the T8 non OTA firware on Mega NZ, ive just tried downloading it using Mega and the file has errors or doesn't complete properly. Maybe a new link for the software is needed?

bom

Mar 17, 2015
under NSA surveillance
hi Davey it the link on the main site that does not work under the heading "T8 purchased before June 2015. I have tried downloading from it several times and it never completes. Hence why i brought it up here. Is there another link?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Best to get in touch with droidbox themselves..
I didn't know the link was down, you could use live chat in the morning or just wait for them to reply on here.
Is your box down or are you just wanting to update.

Dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Bom (+Dave)

i've just done a trial download to my pc 2 minutes ago and it downloaded fine. maybe just give it time as it appears to stop for a few minutes then restart.

Reactions: David Savage

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
upload_2015-12-7_18-37-28.png