27mark

Aug 10, 2015
ive been thinking on this and im guessing because its a custom version of openelec it cant use the dev update anyway, it started for me after a firmware update so mabe when my t8s was new it was disabled by default

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you go to system and add-ons then updates it should be here as an update. You can try hovering over it and pressing menu then see if you can refresh it. I use it to roll back if I need to, also I use the droidbox cloud to back up my settings too.

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
I've tried everything I can think of to get this to update but still no joy. Nothing shows up in Available updates but I too am still getting update failed error at start up. Just went into the search option of Addons in Settings and found Script- OpenElec Dev Update Enabled. Clicked on this and then on Launch which brought up a message URL Error. No builds were found for Amlogic.arm. http;//snapshots.openelec.tv Please check the URL. Clicked ok and it brings up another open elec menu with Official Snapshot Builds, Official Releases, Official Archive, DarkAngel2401 Dual Audio Builds.
Not really too sure how or if to proceed from here or if this helps at all?

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
To be far there hasn't been many updates, I think one, so if it helps try live chat in Monday see if they can help and resolve this issue.
Droidbox might have even stop the update there end. So that why you get the messages saying error. As long as your box is running ok I would wait.
When I go on latter I'll check mine....are you on the normal confluence skin.

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Yeh I'm on normal confluence Dave. To be honest I don't use openelec as I've still got this issue with no sound when using the VIP remote. Again I've tried everything but just can't find a solution but thought an update may cure the issue. Not really a problem as it does work on the original remote. I'm not one for constantly updating and as I always say, If it aint broke don't fix it.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Here here, I've got the VIP remote and no problems. Have you tried watching something and then pressing menu so you get the bottom sub menu up. The go to the speaker icon and at the top move it so it's set to full, then go to the bottom and save to defaults.

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Yeh I've tried everything. The volume is set to max in that menu. I've also tried the dongle in all the USB sockets to no avail. As soon as I take the dongle out and use the original remote then all is fine. I probably should have returned it but thought it would be fixable at my end rather than going to the trouble of returning it.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
paul it sounds like a fault with the remote, like the mute button is stuck

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
i think some of these boxes have minds of there own, i was looking at a friends m8s, when he tried typing in google play all the letters come up in chinese yet as soon as i used my vip air mouse it typed in english

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
I know what you mean. They can be a bit testing at times but thank god for this forum. I've just tried a different VIP remote off my Q7 and its doing exactly the same thing so am at a bit of a loss.

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Just turned the box on now and went into open elec. As usual the Dev update failed but then a few seconds later openelec dev update updated.
Still no volume for me though but at least it's up to date!

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Happy days Mark. It must have been a problem on the developers side.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
paul i had a thought about you having no sound using the vip remote, have you tried using a different usb port as i know my remote will not work in one of them

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Yeh I've tried all three Mark and exactly the same result. The vip works perfectly in android but switch to openelec and it's the sounds of silence. Have even tried different HDMI inputs on my tv and even a different tv with the same result.
I haven't yet run the OTA update and wonder if that may just jolt it into action. Was a little reluctant to run it as I read about a few people having problems after updating.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
the only problem i had with the update was when booting up it ask for a eight digit number ( puk i think) but droidbox sorted it by remote easy enough

Reactions: Paul B

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Thanks for the info Mark. Will let you know how it goes when I do it.