gary short

Oct 13, 2015
Please help. I am new to running the openelec version of kodi. But have been running kodi for a couple of years now.
Every time I fire up my droidbox t8s I get an error message pop up at the start then every half hour or so even if it asks me to disable the ad don it still pops up.

The error message relates to the open elec add on openelec dev update.
And the message is: add-on incomparable due to unmet dependencies

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
This happens as its updating or checking for updates, this one can't as of the reasons you said.
You can go to system, Add-ons then updates and it should be here. You can unistall it and it will stop, but not sure then if you can update openElec through the Dev Updater.
The other way is to go to system, then Video, then Library and unhighlight the auto update on start up. This should stop it to, how this helps

gary short

Oct 13, 2015
This is the openelec updater app. You can't uninstall it for some reason or disable it. And if I switch my updates off then none of my add-ons will update. Very frustrating, I was recommended this box as I wanted to upgrade but I've had nothing but problems with it.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
You can go in and manually update them its no big problem.
I prefer that as some update can stop your add-ons from working. Remember Mashups update, it removed the add-on
From your box.
Its up to you, a small price to pay for not having the pop up message.

Dave

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sorry to here that you've had problems, you can always use the live chat on the main droidbox site. They can be very helpful.
Also these boxes need some time and effort in to get the most out of them. Yes they can go wrong, but you get more out...

gary short

Oct 13, 2015
Thanks for your help. But In the openelec tab in systems I have got updates set to manual and in settings video I have got updates turned off. And that message still pops up every 10 mins. Think I'll be going back to my minix neo x8h plus.
Do other people have these problems ?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you disable it you can then when you need to update it, just activate it again.
If you aren't happy send an email to the office and they can help you, or use the live chat function.
Sorry that you aren't happy, but these boxes can test you a little bit.
Ive had bad times too and it can get very frustaighting.

gary short

Oct 13, 2015
Appreciate your help, when the message pops up it says do you want to disable the ad don I click yes and 10 mins later the pop up comes back, I have tried everything, and no one on live chat tonight it just sits there waiting. I will persist.

gary short

Oct 13, 2015
Sorted it I think. I did a reset and a reinstall of my build with using the woke wizard this time just using my own build and settings from my other boxes. So far so good

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Its good to have a play around, I normally don't use wizards on my Hudl2 and laptop. I go and put things in manually as you then put in what you what.
Glad you got sorted, keep an eye on your storage as if it get low can cause errors ( blank screen ).

Dave