wmanzione

Oct 14, 2015
Hello,

I did go via support but I'm not really satisfied with the feedback.
Basically I'm using a T8-S and I do use solely the OpenElec boot as I'm not really into the android apps.

Everything went well for a couple fo months, but then in December I had 2x this issue: on boot, OpenElec freeze on the splash screen, and I can't do anything to unlock it. I did try the reset button, clearing the cache first, but eventually the only thing that bring it back to life is a factory reset. First time I lost everything, second time I was having a backup (and keep backing up every day now).

I'd like to know if anyone else had this issue before and if anyone knows the root cause. Especially I'd like to understand if this is an OpenElec related issue or a Droidbox related one.

PS: I do not believe this is and issue of memory leak and the zero-conf workaround proposed by support it's bit dodgy in my opinion. Shouldn't fix things in that way.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comment

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I've been on T8-S for a while and apart from the odd freeze on updates it's been great. What I have noticed is it was set to zero cache and it caused me problems with the box pausing and crashing.
Might be worth checking your storage in Android and make sure it's OK. Then go do the same in openelec in system info see whats available.
Also try going to Xunity maintenance and tweeks then check what advanced XML you are on.

wmanzione

Oct 14, 2015
Might be worth checking your storage in Android and make sure it's OK
You mean available space or checking for corrupted files? The first time that happened, I did have indeed not much space left (500Mb). Second time around I was having 3Gb (it happened 2 weeks after the factory reset).

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hello,

I did go via support but I'm not really satisfied with the feedback.
Basically I'm using a T8-S and I do use solely the OpenElec boot as I'm not really into the android apps.

Everything went well for a couple fo months, but then in December I had 2x this issue: on boot, OpenElec freeze on the splash screen, and I can't do anything to unlock it. I did try the reset button, clearing the cache first, but eventually the only thing that bring it back to life is a factory reset. First time I lost everything, second time I was having a backup (and keep backing up every day now).

I'd like to know if anyone else had this issue before and if anyone knows the root cause. Especially I'd like to understand if this is an OpenElec related issue or a Droidbox related one.

PS: I do not believe this is and issue of memory leak and the zero-conf workaround proposed by support it's bit dodgy in my opinion. Shouldn't fix things in that way.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comment
Hi

If your box is stuck on boot please use recovery menu to do wipe data/factory reset and after that reboot

How to access recovery menu read below!

https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/accessing-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/

Regards

Reactions: David Savage

RayZor

Nov 27, 2015
I've had the same problem multiple times, each time I've had to factory wipe/restore from backup - but this doesn't restore my skin and configuration, or my favourites and I got that sick of redoing it I just run default settings.

I'm afraid posting a video of how to wipe your box is completely unacceptable - would you accept a pc that had to be randomly formatted every other month?

OP - do you have it plugged into a Samsung TV with HDMI-CEC? I have a suspicion it's when the TV shuts itself off that this happens?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I've had the same problem multiple times, each time I've had to factory wipe/restore from backup - but this doesn't restore my skin and configuration, or my favourites and I got that sick of redoing it I just run default settings.

I'm afraid posting a video of how to wipe your box is completely unacceptable - would you accept a pc that had to be randomly formatted every other month?

OP - do you have it plugged into a Samsung TV with HDMI-CEC? I have a suspicion it's when the TV shuts itself off that this happens?
Hi

Please understand that wookie (or any other)wizard add on skin is server based,and it can not be restored the same as other local based skins that are available !

Can you please explain in details what kind of problems you are experiencing ???

Regards