Parks

Jan 1, 2016
I have just updated my box to the latest firmware.
The new android version of Kodi updates to Exodus latest update but my current version of OpenElec fails to update. It reports it's because dependencies failed to update. Anyone have this problem? I'm wondering why?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
How did you set up your addons on openelec? Did you run the wookie or another build or set them up manually?
If the wookie you should probably run it again (after clearing data)

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Also openelec is only Kodi 15.2, you probably have Kodi 16.1 android side. That will be the problem why it's not updating as it should.

Parks

Jan 1, 2016
Also openelec is only Kodi 15.2, you probably have Kodi 16.1 android side. That will be the problem why it's not updating as it should.
Thanks for the replies, yes you are right about the Kodi versions.
I don't use a Wookie I set my add-ons up manually and never had a problem before.
In OpenElec when I try to update the latest Exodus update it fails because it failed to update dependencies.

I tried by Uninstalling the addon and repo. Then I reinstalled them to find they were still at the last Exodus version with an update waiting. Another update attempt failed again.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Here is a link to the exodus' authors section of the tvaddons.ag forum

https://forums.tvaddons.ag/lambda-s-xbmc-addons/

There are some references to the dependencies not met error but the causes given are mixed (in some cases other addons not being updated).

You could raise your query there - be ready to post a log file as they like that when trying to find the error.

You could try running the wookie on openelec and see if the error goes away. It may be that adding addons manually has missed some critical component. (or wait a day and see if anything else updates which removes the source of the error).

Reactions: Parks

Parks

Jan 1, 2016

There are some references to the dependencies not met error but the causes given are mixed (in some cases other addons not being updated).

You could raise your query there - be ready to post a log file as they like that when trying to find the error.

You could try running the wookie on openelec and see if the error goes away. It may be that adding addons manually has missed some critical component. (or wait a day and see if anything else updates which removes the source of the error).
Thanks, I will check it out as you suggested.

Parks

Jan 1, 2016

Thanks Nigelar for the tip. I found a suggestion on the site that fixed my problem. I had a urlresolver that would update as well.
I did a manual install from zip and voila it now updates fine.
See below for scripts, may help someone else to.

fusion -> xbmc-scripts -> scripts.module.urlresolver and see if you can force it to install

Reactions: ChrisM and Nigelar