Cloin

Mar 31, 2016
London
It's now been many months that I am unable to use OpenElec as most sources and apps are now 5 steps ahead at droidbox, it's more frustrating that one of the reason I purchased the box was because it had openELEC on it. Please stop taking people money by advertising that it has it on the boxes yet it only works with Isenguard 15.2 - There has to be some effort from you..

Please update people when this will be updated .. All i've heard is when 7.0 is available...

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi sorry to here, most add-ons still work. I don't have a problem with Openelec, and it might be down to the wizard you are using. Most use wookie lite in Openelec.
Plus you can add your own.
Openelec is a version of kodi based on a Linux biuld of kodi. It's very basic and has no background apps running like on android side so it performs better.
There is a new version being tested but when it's officially released droidbox will test and then update.
Have you tried clearing data in openelec setting and running the wookie lite wizard and see if this helps.

Good luck

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Cloin.
David is right. There is not currently an officially released version of openelec with Jarvis (Kodi 16). There may be beta versions out there but they are highly likely to have testing issues (hence their beta status).

As David says the wookie still works and you can load individual Addons.

I would also add that with a machine as powerful as the t8s you are unlikely to see significant performance difference between android and openelec.

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Nigelar on the performance of the T8-S I've had one for over a year and I suppose it depends if you have loads of apps running in the background on the android side and don't close them down. But it's only a small difference, but I prefer the openelec side try it on yours see if its better.

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
OpenELEC seems dead in the water. Some of the team have disbanded and created a new fork called LibreELEC. This is stable on Jarvis and even in beta for Krypton. Unfortunately my T8-S isn't supported at the moment. I do however have the files for a T8 that will install LibreELEC.

If anyone's interested I'll post the link however be aware, myself or Droidbox are not responsible if anything goes wrong. Flashing these files onto your T8 may well void your warranty.

On another note maybe it would be a safe investment for Droidbox to pursue the route of LibreELEC. As I said its regular development means constant updates... Just a thought...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
LibreELEC has been on our radar for a while, but thanks for the heads up. Android development seems to have suffered at OpenELEC after their split, but we're keeping tabs on both for now.

As noted a few times in this thread, until there is a STABLE (non-Beta) release from OpenELEC with Kodi 16.x (which means it'll likely be OpenELEC 7.x), there won't be an update for our devices.