britott

Mar 8, 2016
Hi all,
Having huge problems here, after doing the ota update I can no longer use libreelec, when I try and boot up into libreelec at the top left of screen it says u don't know what you are doing, installation is now broken.
Startup in 60s then there is a boot sequence with a bunch of writing, but nothing else is happening just says boot on the front of the box. I have tried quite a few times to factory reset but nothing works, just the same outcome.

Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Chris Ott.

Sent from my SM-G900F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

britott

Mar 8, 2016
After messaging you all I carried on messing around and was able to get libreelec 7.03 loaded with a sdcard with the instructions I got from the forums, now that is working fine it seems but now it has given me another problem which I will try and explain.

When I first boot into the android side it seens to load up ok but once it is on the home screen it automatically reboots itself again and then stays on and also when it has booted up on the second time it does not connect to the internet the only way I can get it to connect is to unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in, then it works fine. It does after about an hour and a half it just reboots itself [emoji34]

Any ideas what could be causing this and any solutions for it, I am a little worried to do another factory reset as this will probably give me problems again with libreelec.

Kind regards,

Chris.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, I had the same problem, had to flash the 7.03 firmware again to get back into the box then factory reset same as you wont connect to ethernet box reboots, I factory reset again a few times still same problem on android side, factory reset again this time without selecting wipe cache partition just wipe data factory reset, on start up select language then ethernet it says ethernet connecting waited would'nt connect, skipped back to previous page selected language again then ethernet connected. It seems to be fine now box been on a few hours now with no reboots. I don't know if its a issue with the 7.03 beta and the new update but i did run the update before all this happened.

Reactions: David Savage

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you are referring to the t8 mini ota release today (this is a t8s plus thread), that was not updating android to android 6 which is the source of your issues.

fiveznuff

Jul 11, 2016
@sblabs yes I seen that but your not answering my question is there any direction regarding SD card issue and phone and message pop-up and that link doesn't mention anything to that manner.. Is this update a fix to your guys mishap in that firmware you releases a over the weekend

Sent from my SM-N920V using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
sorry you will need to install the HDD fix.zip for a SD card , the phone? i dont know what you mean.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Read my comments above ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Sblabs - he is referring to issues connected to the premature release of an android 6 update for the t8mini but is confusing things by commenting in the wrong place.

Reactions: sblabs

fiveznuff

Jul 11, 2016
There's no new replacement for this upgrade I'm still showing: build version.. P200_2g-userbug 6.0.1 MHC19J20170106 test-keys
Available updates: error fetching update info: invalid ROM ID(driodbox - T8-mini-6.0)

fiveznuff

Jul 11, 2016
Also I noticed on this accidental leak of that update that the little green spinner with percentage number icon right below clock on homescreen isn't working anymore in killing apps and memory to clear. That used to force close Kodi as well as the home button on remote

britott

Mar 8, 2016
Still getting the rebooting problem even after the 1.08 update, its working fine now on libreelec, just android being dodgy, may have to go back to droidbox for them to look at, just don't know if I can cope with another factory reset lol and worse of all how the hell will I do without my box [emoji53]

britott

Mar 8, 2016
Thanks ChrisM, I have been in contact via email and been advised to do another factory reset and if still not working right to send back for repair/replacement, so just building up the courage to attempt another factory reset at the weekend, just really don't want to send my box back I love my droidbox, but I know you all will take care of me as you always have, even though this is my first issue I have had, and I have had a few boxes from you for gifts and recommended you to friends etc. [emoji38]

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Like i said i had exactly the same problem, mine is working fine again now after quite a few resets but as i posted above that reset got my box back to normal.
Good Luck.