Robert S Lee

Jul 10, 2017
I have an MXQPro, v.1, which I haven't used in about six months. (A little over a year old.) When I try to update the software I get the 'Check Failed!' message from the settings menu and when I use the menu ribbon to update under 'SYSTEM' it opens up a video menu instead of an update dialogue box where the menu bar at the top, left says 'Videos - CentaurBox.com Updater' next to a clap board. If I click on the arrow I get three selections; a 'Files' folder, a 'Playlists' folder and a 'Video add-ons' folder, none of which has an update link. The 'Update' link is obviously broken. The guy I bought it from, (lost his info with a defective microSD card,) told me when I bought it that he could log onto my box and program it from his place if it ever needed it. Well, it does so I'm seeing how to fix the problem from here. I read under another forum that if one gets that error, that means that the software is probably up to date. Mine isn't. It is a CentaurBox 2.2 and I believe I need the v. 2.4.7 released 6/29. Any suggestions?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Doesn't sound like you have a Droidbox supplied mxqpro. (you are on their user forum).
You might like to check with "centaur box" on their site what the latest firmware release version is and comparing it with yours.
Does your box support ota (over the air) updating? Sometimes clearing data from the app in android - settings - apps allows the update to complete. Or even a simple reboot of the box.
I certainly don't recognise the menus or screens you describe i assume they are bespoke to "centaur box".

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I have an MXQPro, v.1, which I haven't used in about six months. (A little over a year old.) When I try to update the software I get the 'Check Failed!' message from the settings menu and when I use the menu ribbon to update under 'SYSTEM' it opens up a video menu instead of an update dialogue box where the menu bar at the top, left says 'Videos - CentaurBox.com Updater' next to a clap board. If I click on the arrow I get three selections; a 'Files' folder, a 'Playlists' folder and a 'Video add-ons' folder, none of which has an update link. The 'Update' link is obviously broken. The guy I bought it from, (lost his info with a defective microSD card,) told me when I bought it that he could log onto my box and program it from his place if it ever needed it. Well, it does so I'm seeing how to fix the problem from here. I read under another forum that if one gets that error, that means that the software is probably up to date. Mine isn't. It is a CentaurBox 2.2 and I believe I need the v. 2.4.7 released 6/29. Any suggestions?
Hi

The message provided does usually mean that box is up to date.

As we can see that CentaurBox is a seller, please do contact the official support team and let them know the issue you are experiencing with your box.

Regards