kickingk

Dec 18, 2015
to cut a long story short, I had to factory reset the box, so thought I would use the opportunity to run the OTA update, followed the instructions on the other post, but after I click download it just hangs saying "Waiting for data connection"?? It's connected to the Internet, am I being a numpty and missing something?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
to cut a long story short, I had to factory reset the box, so thought I would use the opportunity to run the OTA update, followed the instructions on the other post, but after I click download it just hangs saying "Waiting for data connection"?? It's connected to the Internet, am I being a numpty and missing something?
Hi

If you have T8-S Plus box please read below,if not please message back which box model do you have!

Please run OTA updater and update your box.

If you are having ethernet cable conencted,please either use wifi for update or in top right corner options tick off wifi so download could start.

After downloading and applying of new ROM is done reboot is required.

If google play store still does not work that simply means that update was not applied fully so you can do factory reset and once that is done update will work in its best and google play store will work.

Regards

stanster

Nov 23, 2015
I'm having this issue but don't know where to find the 'turn off wifi' option .

If you are having ethernet cable conencted,please either use wifi for update or in top right corner options tick off wifi so download could start.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Click on the OTA app, in the top right corner on your screen you will see three dots, click on the dots and you will get the option to turn wifi off.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, First you could try going to your settings, App's, find goggle playstore and goggle play services and clear the cache in them, also try to sign into your gmail account, then try playstore.
If you have to factory reset you can follow this video.

Last edited:

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
All ok now, unable to register but guess this isn't live yet.
The new update will be released soon for T8-S PLUS device that will update CC(control centre) App on the device and then you will be able to register your device through CC App.

O'Grady

Mar 2, 2016
Hi,
I also had this problem, and tried everything suggested. I the end I tethered my phone to the box and it instantly worked. My question for next time is do I need to setup anything in the router to allow a data connection ? It was quite obvious my home internet is blocking it somehow.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I have not heard of this affecting ota updates (it normally affects wizards like the wookie) but you could check that parental controls and/or bt smart set up is disabled on the router.

Last edited: