Antz1066

Nov 24, 2016
Hi Guys - I have a T8-S Plus and decided to take the plunge and do the November 2016 OTA Firmware update, I followed the video on this page but when I open the "OTA Updates" app and check for available updates I get the message "Error Fetching Update info: Error communicating with server!" I believe the update should be available and don't think the update has already applied because I still have the broken weather app and openelec has not upgraded to libraelec.

I have a wired Ethernet connection and have tested my connection to the internet.
My current build version reads "LMY47V.20160405 test-keys"
I have performed a factory reset on the box and still have the same issue.

Any idea's whats going wrong ? - Thanks in advance.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Go to the two cogs and click here, now go apps and let it load. Now look for the OTA updater app and click here. Now force stop and then clear data and wait while it finishes.
Go back and try see if it works now...T8-S plus only...

garyjm

May 29, 2015
I've also got the same issue with the T8-S plus. Tried the above to force stop & clear data on OTA updater app & still get error communicating to server. Is the server down?

Sent from my T8SPlus using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Yes.
There is a reply by admin in another thread saying the server is down and they are trying to fix it.

Reactions: sblabs

Antz1066

Nov 24, 2016
Thanks guys - I've spoken with droidbox support who have said that the server is down and there is no eta on fixing it. - Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for the update :)

Reactions: Eddyad