robwhr

Jun 27, 2015
I Have this version of the Droidbox and it will not update OTA

I have tried rebooting it and rfesetting as per the videos however every time I try to use the OTA updater it errors

The version I have is ROM verison 1.0.1 Apr 30 2015 8PM
ROM is KOT49H.20150430and the Updater id is DroidBOXT8DUALBOOTTEST

Can you plase help me to update. I am an IT consultant so quite happy to update using a zip file on a memory stick.

Any advice given would be gratefully received

robwhr

Jun 27, 2015
That's not what it says on the box when you open OTA updates, or is that update for a different model?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Does it show an update, if it does you could try clearing data in the OTA updater.
To do this go to the two cogs then other, more setting and apps. Look for the OTA updater and click here. Now clear data and let it finish. Now go back and try..

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It may be you are already up to date and the update message has just persisted. Have you done any previous ota updates on the t8s? The last formal update was back in April. If you have that, you are up to date. You can always load versions of dbmc from Droidbox market if you need 16.3.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
My OTA for the ts8plus does not work as well

Sent from my SM-G900F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app
Does it shows any update available in OTA updater App?
I Have this version of the Droidbox and it will not update OTA

I have tried rebooting it and rfesetting as per the videos however every time I try to use the OTA updater it errors

The version I have is ROM verison 1.0.1 Apr 30 2015 8PM
ROM is KOT49H.20150430and the Updater id is DroidBOXT8DUALBOOTTEST

Can you plase help me to update. I am an IT consultant so quite happy to update using a zip file on a memory stick.

Any advice given would be gratefully received

Did you follow the below link to update your Box:
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/t8-s-and-t8-s-plus-owners-an-ota-update-is-ready/

Also to keep you posted there will be an update released soon for T8-S Plus users but there is no news yet for T8-S users as per my information.