TheBox

Jun 20, 2016
I have set up this box a couple of times now for a friend. It works fine for a few weeks and then all of a sudden an extremely popular add on will be gone, almost as its deleted. Another day or two and another add on is gone. No one is erasing them. They are just disappearing. Any thoughts of why this is happening?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Is the addon actually disappearing or just a short cut to it? I sometimes get shortcuts disappearing but the addon is still there in video - addons.

TheBox

Jun 20, 2016
Is the addon actually disappearing or just a short cut to it? I sometimes get shortcuts disappearing but the addon is still there in video - addons.
The add on is completely gone. Have to go reinstall it.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
There may be some corruption in Kodi in which case reinstallation of Kodi and addons may be needed.

Before doing so, you may want to try clearing Kodi cache in case lack of memory is an issue.
Go to android - settings - apps - Kodi then hit the clear cache button.

Difficult to diagnose any further on a non Droidbox machine of unknown provenance.

Reactions: thereaper123

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Just to add to this, if what Nigelar doesn't fix your issue, follow what he said to clear cache but whilst there click 'force stop' and 'OK' to the popup prompt, then click 'clear data' and 'OK' to popup prompt again to delete kodi's data. This will return kodi to it's vanilla state (blank) and upon next start it will display a progress bar with something along the lines of first start or run. Wait for main screen to come on and any standard addons to update you are then free to install your preferred addons or wizard (ie wookie wizard, guides are here, just search) which setup your device to your liking, good luck!

Reactions: Nigelar

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@TheBox If the above doesn't help, try changing one thing at a time:
If you're using a Wizard/Build, try installing just a few add-ons at a time manually (or at the very least, using a completely different Wizard for testing).
The Kodi version - uninstall existing version, install from the Play Store.