Vtwelver

Aug 4, 2016
This box has been working great for me. Last nite a serious thunderstorm rolled through and my electric power flickered on and off a couple times. Now my android box apps are closing out to primary screen, not specifically home screen. Such as I noticed the date and time was incorrect and when I was in systems fixing the time in would close out to the systems list page, not home screen. When I was in the folder explore app it would close out to the my app page. Of course kodi is doing the same after 30 seconds or so. I disabled kill all apps and cleared cache. I also unpluged power source for 30 minutes.
Any ideas?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would start by checking out the router and ensure that is working ok. Check by using some other device like a laptop or whatever. That may be the cause of the problems.
Getting the right time back on the box is important. It is possibly showing 2 Jan 1970.
You need to ensure it is automatically syncing with the internet time. Flick the tick box a few times in the date/time settings page to see if it forces the sync. You will need a good internet connection to get that right, preferably over Ethernet, hence the need to check out the router first.

If all else fails, it may be necessary to do a factory reset to gets things back to default - it is possible the power surge has corrupted some system files.

Vtwelver

Aug 4, 2016
Thank you for the quick response, I did get the time corrected and as you sugest I did have to do it a couple of times. I am on Wi-Fi and get usually 20 or better. My cell phone is also Wi-Fi and is at its normal strength.
I thought I might need to do a reset. Do I need to do a reset with backup enabled in the systems page or do do I need to do a hard reset with the firmware? If so is a USB as functional as a USD card?
Freaktab is down so is there another reliable source to download the firmware?

Thank you

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
On the rare occasions I've done a factory reset I have done I suppose what you call a soft reset, reinstalling software from the box rather than an external source.
I can't say where you can download different firmwares from. As we are Droidbox users here, we get any firmware updates from their own sources as they are proven and tested on Droidbox machines. Often these are delivered over the air rather than loaded via sd card.
You might ask your box supplier - downloading a firmware from other sources may brick your box and invalidate any warranty.