Scyto

Jul 6, 2016
While we found the zoom function and set it to 91% the original 100% setting was atrocious with button not really visible.

Can I suggest you change default output to 1:1 pixel mapped by default? And then let people add userscan/overscan if needed / desired (and make this 100%?)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I wouldnt say initial set up is painful. People can adjust the setting to suit their own purpose and their own tv. A default of 91 would not work for me.

Scyto

Jul 6, 2016
The buttons were offscreen - how is that not a PITA do you have the same unit as me?
If not it may be unique to this new model... Dunno.... I did find the screen settings eventually but took 20 minutes of digging around. My point is that it should be 1:1 pixel mapping by default - that should work for 99% of 1080p TVs. No buttons would be offscreen for anyone.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sounds like what happens when the TV tells the DroidBOX 720 is the best resolution, rather than 1080.

Obviously can't tell for sure in this case, just that nearly all (similar) support cases we get on the phone/live chat lead to Auto HDMI mode being turned off, then manually selecting the correct resolution for the TV (1080/4K at desired refresh). At which point, the whole screen is visible. The few left over after that turn out to have 1366x768 resolution TVs. The exact same box on another TV gets told the correct resolution to use, auto HDMI works, and no screen scaling/resizing required.