edinho1

May 31, 2017
As I'm watching videos the screen flicks to a green / pink colour. It sorts its self out if I unplug the hdmi cable or switch to another hdmi socket then back again.

The previous android box didn't do this once in three years. The TVs is Sony Bravia.

edinho1

May 31, 2017
Yeah it's a brand new box from droidbox. I'm playing with the picture settings to see if that works.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Yeah it's a brand new box from droidbox. I'm playing with the picture settings to see if that works.
Hi

Can you please see if you are using hdmi port with MHL support?If you do can you change the port with non MHL support and see if there are any difference?

Regards

edinho1

May 31, 2017
Cheers for the reply. How do I find out if the hdmi port has mhl support ?
The TVs is 5 or 6 years old.

The screen flashes on and off now and again. Sometimes the picture is fine sometimes it goes green and pink.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I don't think it matters.
As suggested:
1. Try a different cable
2. Try a different HDMI port (any) on the TV
3. Try a different tv

Report back on progress.

edinho1

May 31, 2017
Sorry it's taken a while to get back.

Swapped leads and the same thing happened.
Swapped ports and same thing.

Swapped tv no problems. Not even the flash of the screen. It's very annoying that it will not work on the main fc properly.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Sorry it's taken a while to get back.

Swapped leads and the same thing happened.
Swapped ports and same thing.

Swapped tv no problems. Not even the flash of the screen. It's very annoying that it will not work on the main fc properly.
Can you try to change screen resolution and hertz within the box settings and see if it fix the problem?

You can try the same with the TV,please prefer p resolution instead of i,for example some tvs tend to have 1080i but not 1080p while they do have 720p .

Regards

edinho1

May 31, 2017
Ok. I have switched it to 1080p on the box instead of 1080i. I'll see how that goes.

I can't for the life of me find the option on the telly.

Looking elsewhere similar problems may have been solved with a force rgi option or using rca cable instead ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you check in Android's Settings whether CEC is turned off please?
If that doesn't help, try a factory reset on the TV itself.
If you're not sure how, let us know the exact model name for the Sony (it'll most likely be in a sticker on the back).

edinho1

May 31, 2017
It is still happening.
Now though when I swap hdmi input the screen stays black but the box stays on.
When it comes back on it crashes kodi.

Frank Renshaw

Jan 11, 2015
Mine is doing exactly the same thing, pink and green. I only received it yesterday in the Canary Islands as it was sent to a friend's ouse in the UK who then brought it over.
Bought from Amazon throught Droidbox. Order ID 204-3556115-158752. [email protected].

Shall I contact support also. Cheers.

edinho1

May 31, 2017
Reveived the box back. The on off at the front is stuck so I can't turn the box on. Tried using remote but that won't work either.
So the box has a red light on but I can't turn it on.

edinho1

May 31, 2017
I need to get a screwdriver to fix the button before I can find out if the green pink screen is solved or not.