ShaneDH

Apr 8, 2016
Hey, everyone new to the forum. I recently picked up a titan 8 plus and have a problem with the play store, no matter what I try the store won't load up and I keep getting an 'error retrieving from server RH-01'. I downloaded the latest apk for the play store to no avail, tried claring cache and data to no avail. Anyone got any ideas as this is becoming very frustrating. Thanks in advance for any help.

ShaneDH

Apr 8, 2016
hey, thanks for the reply. yeah i came across that page through my search, i have tried everything that has been mentioned but nothing works, only thing i have'nt done is the factory reset. does the factory reset wipe everything that was pre installed on the titan 8 plus?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As this is a droidbox users forum i can't speak for a titan box whatever that is. But normally the box will be restored to a factory fresh state so whatever was on the box when you bought it will be there. But anything you've added e.g. kodi addons etc will be gone plus any preinstalled app updates I would have thought.

ShaneDH

Apr 8, 2016
The titan 8 is a T8 plus droidstar box, not sure if it's the same as droidbox, im new to these box's.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Its not a droidbox which is a separate company. However, hopefully you have enough info to try and fix the problem. Maybe check with droidstar first or ask on their forum (if they have one). Feel free to ask general questions here though - advice is free. But we are unlikely to be able to answer droidstar specific ones.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@ShaneDH Just in case you didn't come across it yet, https://www.droidstar.com/get-in-touch/ is presumably a good first port of call. I haven't looked at the external links contained within the Google forum from above, but when speaking to DroidStar (or continuing your research) it might be worth trying to specifically update (or use different build) of Google's Play Services. Please note this is NOT the same as an APK for the Play Store.