Robin linton

May 22, 2015
I bought a imx6 about 8month ago and I can get around and use it. I am still yet to find good, reliable, easy to use apps. My box is incredibly slow at doing everything. I would say id need an update but don't know how. People get such good use out of them and I don't feel like I'm utilising this technology the best. I'm comfortable with computers but have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with this box and every time I try to play around it freezes and resets because of its sluggishness!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Any iMX6 users care to share their preferred add-ons in XBMC, and the build they use?

Generic suggestions for any models that have access to the add-ons would be Genesis and iStream for films and TV series, and AAA (when available), Halow Live, vDubT25, Phoenix (Phoenix TV) as a start searching for live streams of TV channels.
If you're using the original v12 Frodo/Flump release of XBMC, some add-ons won't work fully or appear in the list. Some people have experimented with builds from http://spmc.semperpax.com/ . If you try the Gotham and Helix builds from there, once it is in placeinstall the YouTube add-on (System,Add-ons,Get More,Scroll down to YouTube and click and Install) and check video playback. You'll need to find a 720p stream and play it for a few minutes. Assuming the audio and video stay in sync, then contact [email protected] and we'll help you put our Wizard on there. You may want to play the same YouTube video in your current XBMC installation first, so you're able to get a good comparison.