Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
thought i would add this to my box but even though i have xunity enabled , plexbmc is not in my video add ons list ?
Nybody else got this ?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
No sorry, have you added the superrepo this has all the program's and add-ons available on xbmc. Go add source and add http://srp.nu in the top bar and in the bottom give it a name ie: superrepo. Then done go back to install from zip and its should be there, you just need to select the xbmc you are using in. Not sure if plexbmc is there..

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
No sorry, have you added the superrepo this has all the program's and add-ons available on xbmc. Go add source and add http://srp.nu in the top bar and in the bottom give it a name ie: superrepo. Then done go back to install from zip and its should be there, you just need to select the xbmc you are using in. Not sure if plexbmc is there..
Sorry dave could you rewrite that in basic english for a dummy like me.
Questions.
1. What superrepo ? How do i find it and add it ?
2. Where do i find add source ?
3. The xbmc i am using in ?

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
I went to google play store and downloaded plex , paid £3 for something can't remember what, in xbmc under programmes > android apps , plex is listed but when i click on it there is no content , been on plex.tv and i have to have a media server ? Thought that might be xbmc but am stuck so now i have downloaded plex onto my mac and am faffing about to see if i can make my mac my media server ? How that helps in getting plex to work on my T8 i haven't a clue. Plex is also in my apps on the T8 home screen but it is empty of content , have to figure out how to get plex to stream to my box ?

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Dave. , i wento to.
Pr ogrammes>add source
Added your link named it srepo clikd ok went back to system>add ons > install from zip
Cant find srepo ,
Went back to programmes clkd and where i had three boxes , android apps program add ons and add sourde , inow have a fourth box srepo.
What do u do next mate. If i clik on srepo it gives a list of three ,
Frodo
Gotham
Helix

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hi again check your system setting, that tells you what version of xbmc ie, Frodo=12.0 and up. Gotham=13.0and up. Helix=14.0 and up. Click on the link and go to video add-on and even program's to.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Hi again check your system setting, that tells you what version of xbmc ie, Frodo=12.0 and up. Gotham=13.0and up. Helix=14.0 and up. Click on the link and go to video add-on and even program's to.
Sorry dave , click on WHAT link ?
Under system settings it says xbmc 13.2 git,
Operating system linux
Doesn't say whether it is gotham , helix or frodo

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Am wondering if it is either blocked or doesn't work with my system because it wont even bring plex.tv page up on the browser on my box. So i can,t DL any zip.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Done a pretty comprehensive search in add ins , repos etc cannot find any plex stuff , guess i just wasted £3 on " plex for android " in the playstore ,mtx for your advice.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Ok i finally gotvthis , must be gotham , so clik on gotham , then in the list , clik programs its empty , clik video , i get , cable, news, sport and tv , clik any of those and they are all empty.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
It shouldn't be, I've done it recently and it's all there. It's must be done in <add source> when you click that it brings up a box with two things to type in the one at the top has the http in and bottom for the name. Then click ok and go to install from zip...if you go on YouTube there's a video on there showing you. I'm off line as going out with family might be back latter and 2mozz trying out the new wizard, so wish me luck.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Ok tx mate where i ws going wrong was i wasn't selecting all in the zip before i clicked on superrepo, got it now , next job is figuring out how to get stuff on it now that " unsupported apps " is down . Cheers for help.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Normally I have video add-ons and program's that's all. It's massive so good luck... sorry for the run around, when I'm typing it sounds right but I've done this loads so I under stand. Hope it's ok.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Normally I have video add-ons and program's that's all. It's massive so good luck... sorry for the run around, when I'm typing it sounds right but I've done this loads so I under stand. Hope it's ok.
Got it all working from your superrepo in the end mate , however let me say " plex " which is what i was trying to dl to my box in the first place , after spending virtually all day on this ,, is imho a load of **** , the content available to watch is so poor its laughable , there are some pirate channels available but you can't dl them to plex because the only two available sites are down. If you want to watch your cousins home videos in your living room fine other than that its doing a fantastic job of boosting the sales if kodi .