LinuxAssailant

Mar 10, 2017
Hello, I just pulled the trigger (in the US so we can do that ;) ) on a T8 Mini, but I do not know if it will come with a US adapter, so I have been searching for an AC adapter just so I have one in case it ships with a UK adapter (and possibly a US spare if it ships with a 110v adapter).

What size is the DC barrel connector on the back of the T8 Mini, and is it a 2A or 3A, I have read both from different sources.

Please advise, thanks.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi LA, suggest you send an email to support direct or use the live chat facility.
They may not pick up your message on the community forum immediately.

LinuxAssailant

Mar 10, 2017
Hi LA, suggest you send an email to support direct or use the live chat facility.
They may not pick up your message on the community forum immediately.
Thanks, I will contact them, but even the site is unclear:
In accessories: "Maximum output current is 2A"
Under device, states: "Power: DC 5v/3A"

LinuxAssailant

Mar 10, 2017
Via a chat session the person on the other side stated that I would be receiving a US power adapter, and I should not worry, as it has a 1 year warranty.

2 links dropped in chat, but no definitive barrel size:
http://www.emtcompany.com/power-supply-ys02-060150u-ac-power-supply-charger-adapter/101333302.html
This is the one they said that they use, however the guy in chat was also saying it looks like this one will work, but was really unclear:
http://www.fonida.com/English/product/2453913828.html

I think there is some standard for Android TV boxes, so I am currently asking eBay sellers found with an eBay search of "g-box ac power", "shipping from the US" if their adapters will work with the Droidbox T8 Mini.

Once my order arrives, I will try to remember to post the connector size for others to reference...

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Different Android boxes have different sized connectors. I think there are three or four, with only two currently popular with recent models.
The power supply may be 2000mA, 2500mA or 3000mA (2A, 2.5A, 3A) depending on the requirements of the specific model. I don't get the retail package normally, so not sure which of those is needed for the T8 Mini. The T8 Mini does not have an internal hard drive bay, so I would think that 2 or 2.5A would be more than enough.
If we send a device to a USA address then either a USA power supply, or UK power supply with a USA mains adapter will be sent.
The g-box ac power supplies you mentioned probably have a larger plug, used on the older X7 and iMX6 devices (for example).
The power supply will be multi-voltage, so if an adapter to change from 3 pin UK to USA style is included, it will only need to physically alter the shape, no voltage or frequency transformation needed.