chris kellett

Dec 28, 2016
Had one of these MXQpro v2 boxes running ok for 3 years now until recently has developed a perculiar fault when trying to power the box off with the remote it powers off but within a few seconds the blue lignt is on and it back powered up again.Checked the cec setting this is off.This also happens without any hdmi cable to the tv connected and ethernet also.Reflashed firmware no joy .Stuck what to try next anyone got any ideas please comment maybe you can help me.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Did you try switching it off straight after reflashing? It might be an app you installed afterwards that is keeping it from staying in sleep mode. Try uninstalling any recently installed apps.

Josh Cooper

Oct 20, 2019
I have fresh started my box and have not downloaded any apps and my box does the same thing. When I power off it immediately powers back on.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Are there any other IR devices in the room? There may be something sending it a signal. You could try covering the IR receiver with something to see if this is the cause.

Are you using WiFi or Ethernet? There is a chance the device is waking back up if 'power on/wake/ data is being sent to it via Ethernet.