StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
I'm sorry but I have to agree with @sean99 . I use it daily on LibreElec, Android and IOS with Kodi and never have any problems.

The difference is, from what I can tell, is that we use the various apps for Android and iOS and the addons for LibreElec whereas you have it installed on your router.

I'm thinking the problem lies with your router setup more than it lies with PIA or Kodi. Have you considered getting your router back to normal and giving it a whirl? Just my opinion though, sorry.

Reactions: palpatine

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Sean and stringy. An interesting one. I spent some time earlier this week analysing an issue where my new best friend palpatine was unable to access some tv shows. (for the full experience browse the thread "return of Kodi").

My conclusion, effectively confirmed by palpatine with some later revelation, was that in certain circumstances, the serving host Cloudfare, (which hosts the TVDB - tv database - used by Kodi Addons to return fan art and thumbnails), presents captchas due to its assumption that hits from multiple static IP addresses generated by PIA hosts are potential DDOS attacks. Addons like Exodus cannot deal with this and effectively terminate the search. My belief is that this applies to tv shows only not movies which is why it may not be apparent to all users.

See this bunch of complaints

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/19778/suddenly-cloudflare-captchas-everywhere

Now whether using PIA on the Kodi device as opposed to the router is an interesting point and is worth palpatine considering. Depends I think on how often PIA recirculates IP addresses given that type of usage.

StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
Yeah I've been keeping on top of the conversation you've been having in the other thread (kudos for all the help you've given btw!) but it's one I'm unfortunately not able to add anything to.

I will try and do a little test later and see if I can access the show from the previous thread using my setup. Pretty sure I have Exodus still installed. Might not help from a technical perspective but may shed a little light and possibly answer the question as to whether it's PIA or the way it's installed on the router?

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
so why have3 i had captcha problem
even
@Nigelar says its my vpn
after a day my tvda doesnt work and i cant get tv shows

StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
IMG_2784.PNG IMG_2786.PNG IMG_2788.PNG IMG_2789.PNG

I'm not at home now but Elysium works on that show through VPN.

Will try Exodus later and post back.

StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
IMG_2790.PNG

Just installed Exodus on my ios setup and searched. Pulled through loads of links on Exodus and worked no problem with VPN running.

Honestly? I have no idea what the problem is but I would seriously consider either starting again with a fresh install of Kodi or taking PIA off your router. Having said that, based on Nigelars findings, it may be that the region you are accessing (and the subsequent ip address from PIA) is causing the issues whereas the one I'm using is currently ok. Are you able to change which PIA server you are connecting to? Might be worth a try before doing anything drastic.

Last edited: